Closed:arpeggiator clock adjust behaviour

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

sjones

Closed:arpeggiator clock adjust behaviour

Post by sjones »

While adjusting the arp clock (while running, holding a chord) I noticed that the closer you get to '1' the more likely the arpeggiator will stop completely even if you turn the clock speed back up. The arpeggiator will sometimes start backup once you increase the speed, and will always restart if you
re-strike the chord or make a new chord.

I love the arpeggiator, its really got every possible setting you'd want. Very cool.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: arpeggiator clock adjust behaviour

Post by John Bowen »

Sounds like, when you slow the arp down that much, it’s off calculating playing the string of notes the arpeg has assigned, and wants to finish it before adjusting to the increased tempo....it must not be updating that until the end of the note buffer is reached. That’s why it takes off at the correct speed if you re-strike the notes, because the old buffer is flushed at that point and reset. The ‘sometimes’ starting back up could depend on how long the arp buffer is....

jb
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Stephen,
I was playing with this a bit....locked on a pattern with Hold, turned BPM down to 1, then back up to some high value - then I had to go answer the phone in the kitchen. After about 10 seconds had passed, the arpeggiator took off again at the tempo I had set it. Should be easy to find this bug...

john b.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Update - turns out this is not a bug, but a function of the way the clocking calculation has to work. If you turn down the speed after holding down notes, then turn p the speed, you will have to retrigger the keys to get the clock to reset to the new value, otherwise, the counter is still moving at the slow rate.