Solaris 5 relase

Discuss the Scope version of the Solaris
eclectasy

Solaris 5 relase

Post by eclectasy »

Is there an ETA on the Solaris 5?

Will it be out before the hardware version ships?

/Knut
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Hi,

The Solaris plug-in version 5.0 is waiting for Scope v5.0 to be released (it's coincidence the numbering is the same, though!).

-john b.
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

:wink:

It's one heck of an upgrade, jump in for the big win.

It is now possible to emulate a mopnophonic analog for leads.

Solaris always could play monophonically, but free running envelopes and separate Oscillator glide are serious weapons to have in your arsenal.

I am surprised at how analog this sounds and feels now.

Gotta Go, presets must be made. :arrow: Exit Stage Left.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
eclectasy

Post by eclectasy »

scope4live wrote::wink:

It is now possible to emulate a monophonic analog for leads.
Are you referring to stacking voices?
Otherwise, I'm not sure what you mean.

/Knut
stardust

Post by stardust »

I think he refers to the attack and decay behavior for single voice leads
eclectasy

Post by eclectasy »

stardust wrote:I think he refers to the attack and decay behavior for single voice leads
How is the attack and decay different between a monophonic and polyphonic voice?
stardust

Post by stardust »

well a monophonic sound might simply continue at hold when you change the note for example.
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

This is true.

And just as important is the analog behavior of the separate Oscillator glide adjustments.

They work in conjunction with each other to mimic the old monophonic synthesizers more realistically.

In the days of giant analog gear occupying vast amounts of stage space having a synth sustaining a note like this while jumping over to another stack was quite common. You could then have the synths envelopes release timed where the resonance would factor in, giving the illusion that someone was at the controls still, while they dash over to the ARP String Ensemble where a giant Guitar pick could be used to sustain further melodic content......Whew !!!

B3's and Grand Pianos were not so accomodating.

John has suceeded in this endeavor. The fact that Solaris can sound very analog using the incredible CEM Oscillators was a big plus.

The fact that Solaris can sound and act very analog is truly unique in this world of virtual synths.

That is only one example though. The new Poly Glide features are also capable of adding immense thcikness to polyphonic presets as well. The old Roland / Oberheim polysynth patches like stab brass, and the infamous " Jump " sound Van Halen used are a snap.

Each Oscillator can have different amounts added, so that the notes chosen can arrive at different times. Again this feature mimics the analog behavior of the old synths further increasing it's realism.

I bought my first Bowen synth almost 3 years ago, and whenever I want an accurate example of an analog synth, I always start w/ Solaris, or ProWave. But they are far more than just analog emulations. Each synth is capable of so much more using the various extensions like Sample, and Wave Oscillators.

I look forward to using all of John's synths in the same project when SC delivers the XITE-1. Having Solaris in hardware and software simultaneously must be a dream come true.

I cannot even imagine the amount of pride that JB is experiencing.

As for me, my pride in using his synths live and when I record is shown on my face. Many of my old friends comment on how good the Oberheims sound in recent recordings, when I tell them I am using Solaris and Prowave they too agree on the powerful sound these beasts put forth. :wink:
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
stardust

Re: Solaris 5 relase

Post by stardust »

eclectasy wrote:Is there an ETA on the Solaris 5?

Will it be out before the hardware version ships?

/Knut
Any update here ? Thanks stardust
stardust

Post by stardust »

Just for the consistency.
Solaris 5.0 plugin is now available and shipping for the scope platform.

Have a look at www.zargmusic.com.