Solaris on Xite-1 ?

Discuss the Scope version of the Solaris
ScofieldKid

Solaris on Xite-1 ?

Post by ScofieldKid »

Is the plugin going to be available for the Xite-1 ?

I guess the obvious followup question is: if I have v4.X, will I be able to upgrade from my old PulsarII to the new Xite-1, or will I be starting from scratch to get Solaris or QWave into the Xite-1 box?

[ Just curious... ]
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

One thing is certain.

QWave was made for the XITE-1.

I always loved that synth but it was incredibly DSP hungry, so it sat around just begging for more chips.

I doubt I will be swimming much this summer, and if I do my rig will be at the waters edge. :D
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

All of my plug-ins should run on the XITE box - no reason not to. And yes, the Quantum Wave will finally have enough DSP power to really stretch out!

As for device registration, it's my understanding that you only need a new key, just as if you had purchased a new PCI board, and wanted to register it as the main plug-in board. What I don't know about their policy is if there's anything in mind to make the XITE plug-ins exclusive (i.e., that they have to be un-registered for the older boards). I'll have to ask what they plan to do regarding that.

(With Scope v5.0, you are going to need new keys for all your devices anyway...)

-john b.
stardust

Post by stardust »

Thats good news already.

Quantum Wave and the solaris plugin unleashed on Xite sounds good to me.
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

That Great News Guys,

Since I will reside in heaven when that day comes this summer, I am going to sell all of my clothes too. :roll:

QWave has some serious sonic possibilities.

Keeping John Bowen busy is great for all of us.

I am as excited now, as I was when I got the Oberheim Matrix 12 and XPander off of the factory floor 20+ years ago.

For every hour I sit and play with these synths, my knowledge and quality of sound increases.

Serious Strength And Honor !!
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole