Solaris W/ External Oscillators

Discuss the Scope version of the Solaris
scope4live

Solaris W/ External Oscillators

Post by scope4live »

Dear Brotha' Man John Bowen,

As you know I always loved Solaris for it's sonic possibilites, but preffered ProWave for my live performances for it's faster loading of presets, due to a few hundred less parameters.

But lately w/ the news of the XITE-1 this seems to be a non issue.

I absolutely love the RDII Modules, Adern Flexor, and SpaceF varieties which extend the sonic capabilities even further.

But my troubles stem from the lack of knowledge on where I could insert the Oscillators. RD Slot's are available for Filters and Envelopes, and the Modular inserts are av ailable, but where could I insert you Waldorf Pair II Oscillator to begin my experimentations with.

Thanks,

BTW I did read your PDF update w/ the 4.1, but must apologise as I cannot figure out the placements I need to make.

JV
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Jimmy,

You first have to select the RDX Oscillators. The Oscillator types then have a popup list, one choice being 'RD Slot'. You'll see an insert window appear, and you can just go crazy building new oscillators there!

cheers,
john b.
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

This is the perfect place, Great.

I have made some really neat stuff in SpaceF's MS, and Prowave using the Waldorf Pair II's.

I can only imagine the stuff in Solaris. :lol:

Thanks Chief,

JV
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Day-ammn !!

The RDX 2 CEM's seem to have much more volume than the other CEM's .

I always compensated by using the distortion to add more volume.

I think I found a new place to make presets.

BTW, how many parameters are there now in Solaris?

I have had this for a couple of years now and still keep finding new ways to make sounds.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Solaris v5.0 has over 1100 parameters! There's lots to play with, for sure.

-JB
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Unfortunately my old presets cause problems when I load them from 4.1 to 5.0.6. BTW my birthday is 5/06,.....ankyuvarymush.

This caused me to create 12 new presets.

I can now add these new analog performance tricks to the Waldorf Pair II Oscillators.

Sweeping the wavetables using an expression pedal latched to a slow LFO is a beautiful thing, but I used SpaceF's little CC5 to send duplicate commands and MIDI CC's so that the same expression pedal moves sweep wavetables, while sweeping the Formant Filters also.

Sure I had to add a little extra volume, but the great sounding 3 Band EQ was up to the task.

It is hard to contain my excitement.

I always wanted a DSP synth that acted and sounded like an analog, but now I have this synth emulating that perfectly while doing things an analog synth could never dream of.

This is the reason I bought into the Scope platform, and chose Bowen synths.

I will use 8GB's of RAM and XP64 with Gigastudio 4 as my host.

It appears the Hardware Solaris will do separate chores, and the software version will use the Sample Oscillators with those magnificient Kyma Capybara creations converted to wav files.

We Are Not Sick Men.......................Bruce Lee as Chen in the Chinese Connection......................Hong Kong 1971.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole