RD II Modules Rotor II w/ 4 x Waldorf Oscillators

Discuss the Scope version of the Solaris
scope4live

RD II Modules Rotor II w/ 4 x Waldorf Oscillators

Post by scope4live »

Evolving pads are no problem in Solaris, but using Rotor II w/ 4 x Waldorf Wave Oscillators, and crossfading them is a one trick pony.

It works rather well but I needed to have a wider variety of results by using MIDI CC's attached to an expression pedal that could change the shape knob while crossfading. This gives me a constant wavesweeping of the Oscillators just by moving the expression pedal to different positions, while maintaining the crossfading. Sweet !!

Rotor II also has a detuning function for each Osc. This really makes more traditional Osc.'s quite FAT when crossfading them. The shape knob also adds slight variations, but not nearly as noticable when using the Waldorf Oscillators.

It would be really nice to have volume controls on the Oscillator Modules, or separate volume controls like the tuning functions.

The placement of this module and adjoining Oscillators in the RDX slot is just a part of the preset though. I then add and detune the CEM Oscillator Pair so the sound of the pad is a synth with evolving textures behind it.

For further sonic sickness I added the SSB Modulator which acts as a 2 channel 12 stage phaser. This can be added to the waves, and when used sparsely, sounds great as the frequency can be adjusted to match the crossfading freq.

Oh well, I love taking analog subtractive emulations and adding digital types of synthesis for a hybrid sound.

One good thing about Solaris is you can have separate filters and envelopes so your initial synth sound can be a short attack punchy type, and by holding the notes down, one can bring in the sweeping of the Waldorfs with a second filter and envelope.

One of many things Solaris can achieve.

This Dog'll Hunt. :wink:
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: RD II Modules Rotor II w/ 4 x Waldorf Oscillators

Post by John Bowen »

scope4live wrote:It would be really nice to have volume controls on the Oscillator Modules, or separate volume controls like the tuning functions...
Jimmy, have a look at the Rotor&Mix RD modules (Rotor&Mix and Rotor&Mix BPM). Both of them have separate volume controls for each of the 4 Rotor inputs.

-john b.
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Me and my big mouth. :roll:

This is a great feature, as I was having smooth crossfades, but certain tones I hear need to be boosted.

The other RD Rotors will work fine.

Thanks JB. :wink:
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole