MIDI Clocking Of Envelopes

Discuss the Scope version of the Solaris
scope4live

MIDI Clocking Of Envelopes

Post by scope4live »

Will this feature allow me to use the Step Sequencer to change the values of the envelopes?

I am learning as we speak how to use the step sequencer to control filter movements, etc.

I grow weary of using expression pedal and their inaccurate slopes.

Besides, since I will using this stuff live I could use an extra 3rd or 4th hand.

TIA,

JV
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

No, the MIDI Clocking of envelopes just allows you to set each value to a certain note value in length, instead of a time value.
To control the envelope times from the Sequencer, I would have to add the sequence rows to the Mod Source list for the envelopes (this can still be done for v5.0 however). I'll have a look, see if there's any problems doing that.

-John b.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Jimmy,

Done! I added the Sequence rows as Mod Sources for the envelope segments. It's a little bit odd in operation, as any negative values in the row will have no effect - you have to fiddle around a bit with the initial settings of the envelope, the modulation amounts (+ or -), and the row's values to get just what you want. (Also keep in mind that sequence row A puts out semitone values, whereas sequence rows B & C uses a wider range value for controlling things like filter cutoff, etc.)

You will also note that I added a 'smoothing' to each row's output (called "Lag" in the Beta v5.0.6 you have). The lag is right below the Reset button, and smooths out the entire final output of each row.

Next Beta will be sent out soon...

cheers,
john b.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Another thing Jimmy - you can do it now with the current Beta, by using one of the Mod Chain sources to modulate the Envelope Segments. For ex., pick ModChain1, then go to the Global section and use Seq A as the Mod Source for ModChain1, turn up the amount, and there you go!

-jb
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Dayamn,....that was fast !!

I just got back today to find 5.0.8 in an email.

Chicken Systems just sent me a CD 9 months after I emailed their " support team ", probably one overworked miserable person, and I emailed Steinberg / Yamaha for the umteenth time and still recieve no response.

Those are exactly the reasons I refuse to ever buy anything from these " developers " again.

They should take some classes from the Bowen support team, perhaps they could learn how to release a working product first, then develope it as they go along.

It seems as though they release bug ridden applications and ignore their emails while they try to get it working.

Maybe they should go to a DSP based platform. :roll:
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole