Mixer Detuning?

Discuss the Scope version of the Solaris
scope4live

Mixer Detuning?

Post by scope4live »

Sorry if this seems bizarre to ask this, but the new routings w/ Filter & Mixer options are so extreme I was wondering if I could possibly detune the 2 different mixer outputs from each other?

When panning each mixer outputs hard L & R, they sound like 2 different synths. If there was a way to detune these from each other slightly, and then bring the pan amounts back to center slightly it could create a very powerful sound. If it could be done that is.

Thanks, I know you are busy.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Jimmy,

When you say "detune" the mixer outputs, do you mean a pitch change?

If so, the only way to do that is to use different oscillators in each Mixer, and detune the oscillators.

If you are looking to just fatten things up with something like a chorusing effect, you can do the trick of using the Delay in the Mixer FX section, setting the Wet/Dry mix to center, and modulating the Delay slowly from an LFO.

cheers,
jb
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Gotcha.
I was skimping on DSP's by having 2 x mixer's carrying the signals of the MMOsc Pair. I shall use a suitable replacement and try it.
I really like your idea on the MixFX thingy, and shall experiment w/ that after work tonight.

Thanks JB.

I predict that after Solaris is released, the name John Bowen will have as many hits on Google as John McCain.

Ankyu. :wink:
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
stardust

Post by stardust »

hmmm google is not the benchmark, neither the other bloke.