Seq on/off per filter

User Feature Request List

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

Weston Underwood

Seq on/off per filter

Post by Weston Underwood »

Not sure if this is possible. I had imagined fading in different parts one at a time including one or two based around sequencers a-d. Unfortunately all of the envelopes seem to re-trigger. Therefore if the attack is nice and long for a slow build you don't hear the note at all. This makes slowly building drones and background soundscapes hard to do.

Its a deep machine, am I getting this wrong or is it currently a limitation?

It would be great if this could be specified somehow per part (maybe via the VCA strip) this would allow each of the 4 parts to have individual behaviour which strikes me as much more useful.

BW
Weston.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Seq on/off per filter

Post by John Bowen »

Your only choices are to use one of the 'No Gate' Modes in the sequencer (No Gate or NG/NR). This only triggers the envelopes the first time you play the keys, but as long as you keep holding them down, no further triggering of the envelopes should occur.

Also, keep in mind that the Sequencer A-D are 4 'layers' of the same sequence, not 4 separate sequences, in terms of the overall timing of the steps, which is only controlled by Seq A.

john b.
Weston Underwood

Re: Seq on/off per filter

Post by Weston Underwood »

Thanks John. I'll experiment when I get back to the machine in a couple of days. Sounds promising though. I should have read the manual more carefully. Many apologies.