My feature requests

User Feature Request List

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

Toby Emerson

My feature requests

Post by Toby Emerson »

I am having an absolute blast the first month with my Solaris. It is of course human nature to always want more so here is my wishlist :mrgreen:

1) Unison spread - a way to spread out the panning of the unison voices to create some really fat sounds.

2) Improved FX section - more distortion types, reverb, a way to get distortion on the FX channels as well as the already available insert fx. Other FX always welcome such as compressor

3) A way to control multiple parameters at the same time (mainly for the filter secion). for example I found myself often having to set the filter EG1 mod amount multiple times for each filter. I think I may have read something about an idea holding all 4 filter buttons down to enable control for all 4 filters.

4) Slide/hold notes in the Sequencer - maybe shift + turning the knob enables a slide note?

5) Panning controls at the mixer level for each of the 4 inputs would be amazing. that or either at the oscillator level addition to the already available panning at the VCA level. Not sure if this would be possible but would also help getting some really wide sounds.

6) More Oscillator & Filter types! - Being greedy here as there are already plenty on the Solaris. The models are so good though I would love to hear more. Maybe some more really gritty wavetable type oscillators similar to the ones in NI Massive or I might have remembered seeing there might have been an idea for some kind of user created wavetables. The virus granular & format oscillators are pretty cool.

Thats about it for now - I'm sure I will have more later!
Toby Emerson

Re: My feature requests

Post by Toby Emerson »

7) Glide type - I seem to be missing a specific type of glide. I want to hold down a note and then have it slide to another pressed note (similar to having it set to mono / legato) however when I press a new note I want there to be no portamento slide. I want the slide to only be active on the second note played. Hope I explained that well.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Toby,

You want the 'Fingered Portamento' setting. Look in your Home page 1 group for Glide Type (GldType) and set it to 'FingPort'. This is a Global voice assignment parameter.

Make sure the individual glide per oscillator is turned off, since that is not a voice dependent glide.
Toby Emerson

Post by Toby Emerson »

Hi John, thanks I thought that was the setting - however when I use that function the note doesn't have any glide time, it seems to slide instantly even with a generous glide time set.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Are you using Constant Time or Constant Rate for the Glide Mode?
Also, you should usually set the Glide Range to 100%....
Toby Emerson

Post by Toby Emerson »

Thanks John - it's working now - thought I had all these settings correct before but I must not have had something right.
ostrovitch

Post by ostrovitch »

Possibility to disconnect EG6 from VCA, to choose 1 envelope per VCA.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

ostrovitch wrote:Possibility to disconnect EG6 from VCA, to choose 1 envelope per VCA.
Please read my recent post on the "invisible 5th VCA":
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16319