What's next in OS 1.40 ??

User Feature Request List

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

Tonefloat16

What's next in OS 1.40 ??

Post by Tonefloat16 »

Is there a list of new Solaris features that has been prioritized that describes what features will be coming in the next OS update? Would be nice to know what to expect in the future.

For me: Multitimbral operation would be #1
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: What's next in OS 1.40 ??

Post by John Bowen »

Nothing to report to you at this time. Multitimbral is often discussed, but still a somewhat complicated issue. Other things need to get done prior to a proper MultiMode function. Also, I would anticipate a different version number once it is added, more like v2.0, because it’s a major change.
Tonefloat16

Post by Tonefloat16 »

Thanks for the quick reply John, although not what I was hoping to hear. Regardless, still great news that you have a programmer helping to bring the Solaris to its full potential. I'm sure you have compiled a long wishlist of new features and hopefully having the XY Panner position being retained in patches and finer parameter values in some fields are high on this list after multitimbral functionality.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

The joystick X/Y is now being saved in the preset, with the next OS release I'm testing. What parameter values are you thinking of, that would need finer resolution for the values?
Oink

Post by Oink »

What I like most is the „non-analog“-stuff; like Wavetables, possibilities of Karplus-Strong, use of Rotors etc. Things which are not in all the other normal Polysynths.

I would appreciate some development/updates in this “areas”.

Sometimes I am missing the aliasing as it was in the old PPGs. :wink:
Or a kind of producing random-sounds (as in FM7-Plugin or PPG/Software)
Last edited by Oink on Wed May 31, 2017 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weston Underwood

Post by Weston Underwood »

I'd like to chip in another vote for the Karplus Strong being enhanced. i remember contributing regarding this yonks ago. Can't quite remember what the issue was the the KP filter set up via comb filters, was it the feedback not being tuneable or something?

Props for the OS update however, absolutely brilliant!
M-Prod

Post by M-Prod »

any news in this?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

The next OS will, indeed, be 1.4.0. It’s primarily going to be an update to things MIDI - nothing regarding the DSP code, unfortunately.