Envelope Amount and Pitch Offset per Voice

User Feature Request List

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

Dark Horseman

Envelope Amount and Pitch Offset per Voice

Post by Dark Horseman »

It would be nice to have some kind of setting that could offset the Envelope Amount for the filter, and also the Pitch, per voice. Part of what makes the vintage OB series sound so unique, for instance, is the natural variability of these parameters on a per voice basis. So for instance, much of what gives the OB-X such a big sound when doing a filter sweep is the fact that each voice naturally has varying and imprecise values for the filter envelope amount, making each voice's attack and decay slightly different than each other. I can verify that the Prophet 600 has this natural variability as well.
synthwalker

Re: Envelope Amount and Pitch Offset per Voice

Post by synthwalker »

I'm afraid this means entering the Sharc code... same as analog random parameters
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Envelope Amount and Pitch Offset per Voice

Post by John Bowen »

Version 1.4.2 of the OS does provide for a random tuning offset per voice. It is ‘hardwired’ to the pitch signal, and is not available as a mod source at this time (to be used to offset the EG Amount to the filter, for example). In the future I would like to have this as a general Mod Source, which has to be done in the DSP code.