Reverb....

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

Neutron

Re: Reverb....

Post by Neutron »

John Bowen wrote: 1) So you mean to have a selection of filters for the Delay feedback path, similar to the set of filters in the Solaris filter section? A small subset actually - you need LP, HP, BP and Notch basically? These would replace the LP filter that is the Damping circuit (basically, the damping parameter controls the cutoff of this filter).
i think the difference in the sound of the various filter emulations is considerable, especially the LP ones, it might give quite different qualities to the delay rather than just a generic "LP"
Weston Underwood

Post by Weston Underwood »

The other effect I'd like is the ability to add delays per VCA, so that each mixer/insertfx can be delayed before or after the filter and fed back round into the mixer again for feedback. With very fine control over the timing etc. A bit like a more controllable comb filter I suppose.
Patate le mgae

Post by Patate le mgae »

Weston Underwood wrote:The other effect I'd like is the ability to add delays per VCA, so that each mixer/insertfx can be delayed before or after the filter and fed back round into the mixer again for feedback. With very fine control over the timing etc. A bit like a more controllable comb filter I suppose.
+1, this will be a big + for the sound designing.
wouter

Post by wouter »

Yes, reverb would be great. You can allays put an external reverb on it but to have reverb in an fx channel as part of a preset gives more sound possibilities.
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Especially with the Feedback paths and the AP Filters.
I have sort of a single voice version of Solaris in Modular, as I cannot make the patch any bigger, it takes up the entire project window as it is, in Scope Modular IV.
But I have been trying all sorts of tricks in Solaris and in Modular IV to try and come up with new and fresh ideas.
Since I don't have an editor, re buidling the basic design in Modular is the next best thing.

Love to see a basic verb as the Scope 5.1 Room Reverb, but a stereo version w/o the Early reflections since a short delay could easily do that already.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
Neil

Post by Neil »

If you can add filters to the delay please make them resonant!
:-)
polybonk

Post by polybonk »

If you could put the chorus and phaser inside the feedback loop of the delay you would have a very nice effect. With the right set of filters this would be able to sound like an old analogue.

If you put a simple limiter on the end of the feedback path you can generate long lasting feedback loops that degrade like tape.