Pedals win used as Mod Sources

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

John Bowen
Site Admin

Pedals win used as Mod Sources

Post by John Bowen »

A phone call today reminded me of a potential point of confusion for Solaris owners. Here’s the deal:

In my original specification, the Solaris had 2 pedals -

Pedal 1 - the Expression Pedal
Pedal 2 - the Sustain pedal

That's all I ever considered. Little did I realize until it was too late that the engineer at Sonic Core who was coding this part had a dual sustain pedal unit, so he added a second Sus Pedal to the setup. This means the Sustain pedal jack is a stereo jack, to handle the 2 signals.

What I neglected to do was to add this 3rd pedal to the Mod Source List, having never really thought about it.

So, we have the following confusion - in the foot pedal Home page, one sees:

ExpPed ----- SusPed1 ----- SusPed2-----Assign1-----Assign2

But in the Mod Source list (User Manual page 54 Appendix 2) one sees only Pedal 1 and Pedal 2. This is obviously confusing. Here’s what the Appendix 2 should state:

Ped1 - Expression Pedal (ExpPed)
Ped2 - SusPed 1

We will make an edit to the manual at some point soon....as to if & when we can add this 3rd pedal to the Sources - well, I would guess that’s something with a very low priority on the features list!

-John B.
francois

Re: Pedals win used as Mod Sources

Post by francois »

It can wait until the next OS update so new features can be documented, but, besides corrections, there are portions of the manuals which could do with more detailed explanations. The questions I asked you when translating the manual are representative of what could be improved. No offense to the writer of course. We can always do better after the facts.
"Sit Solaris vobiscum"
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

I met Brent at NAMM and found him to be a great guy.
I doubt he would have a seizure over this.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Yeah, although in this case the write was me....but in any case, Brent is a really mellow guy, and great to work with.