KMI QuNexus

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

scope4live

KMI QuNexus

Post by scope4live »

Bought a QuNexus and was hoping some folks here could take a guess on how the PAT of Solaris might be used with this.
I know it could replace the ModWheel and I have a patch that would be great as it is a Brassy patch, where if you sustain the notes after the Brass Attack, you get a Square Wave LFO Repeater sound, turning up the ModWheel brings in faster modulations of a Waldorf Oscillator, pretty cool as is, but this would no longer require that I use 2 hands, but one. In my gigs the old Jan Hammer PBend /ModWheel stuff is not really allowed as I am always covering multiplt parts.

Ankyu
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: KMI QuNexus

Post by John Bowen »

Where you have to be careful is if you are using either the pressure or the key tilt for pitch. You can see in one of the demos, where's he's got pressure controlling the cutoff and the tilt for pitch, that sometimes he gets pitch variations accidentally when pushing down for pressure. This has always been an issue when it comes to these kind of multifunction keyboards - Moog had spent a lot of time investigating a position-sensitive controller keyboard, and man, you really had to watch where you placed your finger on the keys if using position for pitch bend!

As for routing the PolyAT in the Solaris to replace the Mod Wheel in your example - I assume you want the faster modulations to happen on a 'per key' basis?
scope4live

Re: KMI QuNexus

Post by scope4live »

Whoah,....I didn't even think of KeyTrack yet.
Lot's of possibilities that's for sure. I do like the PBend though, I think back to Herbie Hancocks Butterfly on the String Machine and having CutOff Freq simultaneaously is pretty sweet.
Solaris is already a tough customer, but I like my rig modded out.

BTW I also hooked up my old Expressionmate and plan on using that 3 Zone beast too...
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole