Bob Heil Talk Box

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

scope4live

Bob Heil Talk Box

Post by scope4live »

Well, not that Solaris needs extra tones, but I have been using all of my Scope XITE-1s I/Os to run external Rotary Cabinets and hardware based effects, but Solaris with an ancient Bob Heil Talk Box is awesome.
It came brand new, weighs around 8 lbs., with new tube and the manual is brand new but yellow-ish for sitting at Heil warehouse for 29 years.
But running the Solaris into the XITE-1 AES/EBU using the ODL-312, the XITE-1 AES/EBE output goes to a Monoprice Toslink to Analog, then to a small Mesa Boogie, then the Heil Talk Box Analog back into the MicPre of the XITE-1.
Pretty awesome Rocky Mountain way shit. When I do the Note Bends on the monophonic Pulse preset I made for leads with the Octave bend it sounds awesome.
Solaris is kind of a quiet synth until you learn your way around with feeding back mixers and Filters into mixers, but the Insert FX routing are really useful here.
Solaris 96k TalkBox demo coming soon.
Now I can do what Joe Walsh did and maybe these kids never heard that stuff and will mistake me for being a pioneering kind of guy.
FWIW the Moog 12 Stage Phaser, Moog Ring Modulator and MXR Phase 90 sound really good too.
My old Lexicon Prime Time Model 93 is being restored and will either sound good with Solaris, or be sold to another Vintage "collector" on ebay.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole