Owners, Please Read!!

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

John Bowen
Site Admin

Owners, Please Read!!

Post by John Bowen »

I'm getting a number of emails from owners who are reporting things that are already listed in the Solaris User Guide, or in the Bug list section. Also requests about new preset banks, etc.. I would appreciate it if you could check the various sections here in the Forum first, and then write if necessary.

Users are invited to post any presets they want to share in the Data Files section. As for reporting to the bug list - the initial post was hopeful in keeping things somewhat organized, but I haven't even kept to the protocol, so I should clean things up a bit, to make it easier to see if what you find is already listed.

Regarding preset sharing - it's probably best to use a compression format such a .zip to upload your sounds, and you should do it with the Bank folder. If you are downloading Preset files, you can then unzip the bank, and renumber it as needed. Remember that the Solaris needs incremental Bank numbers to properly read the files, so, if your CF card Preset folder has 6 banks in it (so, Bank0 to Bank5), you will need to renumber the downloaded new bank as 'Bank6'. Whatever the highest-numbered bank is on your card, just increase it by one for the new bank.

I don't mind if you have questions - I'm happy to answer them, of course - but there have been quite a few emails that deal with information that is either in the User's Guide, or posted here in the Forum. Please read through the User Guide, and then if things are not clear, please let me know, so we can make updates to the Guide.

THANKS!

John B.
scope4live

Re: Owners, Please Read!!

Post by scope4live »

I was wondering where the Drum Kits are located, and how come a Yamaha Motiff has 1024 presets, and Solaris has less than 200.....??

Just kidding.. 8)
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
Neil

Post by Neil »

You will find the drum kits just to the left of the auto accompaniment auto fill button underneath the Solaris - turn it over and it's easy to see.

:-)
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Thanks...
The Girl With Emphazema groove is so Jobim-ish, can't believe I haven't found this 'til now.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

JAV, you kill me.....!