Online Class

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

John Bowen
Site Admin

Online Class

Post by John Bowen »

Long ago I had a plan to try out one of those services where we could have an online live tutorial session. I'm still thinking about doing this every once in a while - the problem is setting a time period that works for people, since Solaris owners are spread all over the world!

Anyway, if you would be interesting in something like this, please post your responses here. (And if anyone has a suggestion as to which software or service to use, I'd love to know - send me a private email at johnbowen@bigplanet.com).

Cheers,
john b.
3rdConstruction

Re: Online Class

Post by 3rdConstruction »

This sounds like a great idea & would be very useful for many, I suspect. Solaris has quite complex possibilities & thus far my time available for exploration has been limited. As you point out, setting a time that works for many could be difficult. Could a new set of tutorial videos serve a similar function? Perhaps a period of time first for owners to submit requests for topics to cover? Of course my request might just be: teach me... everything!

Or if the online classes are done live, would be lovely to have them available afterwards for others to review.
... speaking at length about something is no guarantee that understanding is advanced.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Well, not a lot of responses so far....I'd be happy to take requests for topics to cover, and at least, I could do some new sessions. I think it would be nice to have at least a small number of users online 'live', to ask me questions that I might not think to discuss otherwise.

john b.
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

I'm a woodshedder but classes sound cool.
Check out Justin TV.
Aderns' SynthSchool was done like this and those w/o headphones and mics' could text in realtime, any questions.

Definately doable......
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
jfinstad

Post by jfinstad »

I'd be interested as well. Particularly if they were available for download for further review.

Jamie
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

I am also interested! Now we need to find out which range of time zones have owners- you may have to do two sessions 12 hrs apart or something like that.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Definitely would be good if downloadable as jfinstad says, I am sure loads would be interested.
auricle

Post by auricle »

I've just got mine so would definitely be interested. I think that a downloadable option would also be essential!
Soul circuits

Post by Soul circuits »

I would be interested, even if its not a live webinard format it could be downloadable for other who were not able to attend, many topics to cover ...(sound creation tips , sampling, multi patch...)
Thanks !