Help please

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

Dave

Help please

Post by Dave »

Hi, I hope someone out there can help me, I am a new Solaris owner and am having some problems,

1. In the osc section when I select s/h all I get is a bad noise whatever I do, hope this is not a fault with my Solaris.

2. The 5 performance knobs I cannot set, I have read that you hold down the shift button and turn the selected knob to change
the parameter until you find the one you want, mine just keeps reading None, whatever I do, and if there was a parameter already
there it just goes to None and stays there.

3. How do I load a new bank of presets on to my card from my computer, cant find anyway.

I would be very grateful for any help as this is all new to me.

Cheers

Dave.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Help please

Post by John Bowen »

Hi Dave,

Here's the info:

1) Yes, S/H in the oscillators represents "tunable noise", as opposed to the white noise in the MM1 waveshape list. "Tunable noise" means that the 'color' of the noise tracks the keyboard, so that the higher up you play, the closer to full band white noise you get. (If you just want to have white noise as a source, it's better to select White Noise in the Audio Input list instead of using up one of the 4 oscillators.)

2) Here's the order of operation to assign the 5 performance knobs:
i) Hold down Shift
ii) turn/touch the performance knob (1 of 5) of the lower row below the graphic display that you want to assign
iii) still holding Shift, let go of the destination knob, and select the target knob/parameter
iv) release Shift
You can only assign one value. If you selected the wrong target value, you have to restart the process.

3) To load new presets, you attach a CF card reader to your computer and insert your CF card into the reader. Once it appears, you can drag and drop a Bank of presets into the Presets folder you will find on your CF card. You have to make sure the Bank is numbered one higher than whatever bank numbers you already have, prior to adding it into the folder.

Also, if you are using a Mac OSX system, make sure you eject the CF card - do not pull it out of the reader, as this will cause the card to show a possible error to the Solaris.