New version of the OS ? Soon or not ?

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

F5D

Re: New version of the OS ? Soon or not ?

Post by F5D »

Great to hear John that you have all the source code available and under control (!) and a new guy working on it! Sounds much better than the other project I am following at Gearslutz, where an experienced user is trying to build the source code based on hacking the compiled OS-firmware file in the memory chips of Alesis Andromeda, could take years with semi-automated hacking tools, of course a totally different case! I support the idea that the first bug fix updates could be even free, but I am also ready to pay a little bit for the work of the new volunteer, if that motivates him to work more. In my opinion that would be quite reasonable, especially if the person does not get paid for it, before OS 2.0?
Last edited by F5D on Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Currently we are testing v1.2.11 Beta. The person working on the new update, Nicholas, is hoping to have a release within the next couple of weeks. We have made an arrangement to compensate him for the bug fixes; it’s only when we get to the point of adding new features that we will need to pay something more.
M-Prod

Post by M-Prod »

Wohoo!!
tinhu

Post by tinhu »

Good News !
"switched on bach"
chapolin

Post by chapolin »

Thank you so much !
Scott_V

Post by Scott_V »

Please include a list of bugs corrected upon the release of the updated firmware. This is very beneficial for the user community to understand/check that their particular performance issues have been addressed (or not) with the release. A consolidate "bug list" has been requested multiple times within the forums, with feedback that this would be provided; so it would be the perfect time now to deliver on this moving forward...

Thank you,
Scott
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Understood, Scott!

JB
chowderdoof

Post by chowderdoof »

F5D wrote: Sounds much better than hacking the compiled OS-firmware file in the memory chips of Alesis Andromeda, could take years with semi-automated hacking tools

but I am also ready to pay a little bit for the work of the newwork more. In my opinion that would be quite reasonable, especially if the person does not get paid for it, before OS 2.0?

Excellent news on the bug fix beta!!

I love the idea of free bug fix but Im also keen to give a little goodness to help motivate a coder or project sooner than later (Ive also been following the hack the Andy and rewrite he code thread). I dont think this is unreasonable as the Solaris is Amazing! is it perfect? perhaps not but nobody is right? :roll:
M-Prod

Post by M-Prod »

Any news? How close are we to a release? I would love to sync my arp
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

M-Prod wrote:Any news? How close are we to a release? I would love to sync my arp
I received my first pass from Nicholas this week, but there still is some work to be done for the MIDI clock sync issue. Very soon, I hope!!
audiosculpture

Post by audiosculpture »

It would be so nice to have this out in the wild! Then my solaris will have one up on the Jen sx1000 in terms of playing with other pieces of equipment.
:D
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

I would happily pay up to $500 for a major software release with new features.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Hi Folks!

Noah’s post brought me here, and I thought I’d comment about the current state of things. The new coder, Nicholas, has been busy finishing up his company’s game project, which was finally released yesterday (Thursday, Nov. 27th), and so he has promised now that he will have more time to focus on the bug list!
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Also...I don’t know if he wants it posted, but Nicholas is a registered Solaris owner, and is online here in the Forums.
I’ll see if he wants to handle any direct communication with the group, or just keep it as posts to the general forum.

As for the suggestion of paying for a major software update release - we have discussed this a bit, so let’s see what can be done first with some of the more important bugs, and then we can talk about ‘enhancements’ to the OS.
synthwalker

Post by synthwalker »

Hello, any update before end of 2016 ?