talkboxing with Solaris, few basic questions

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

Soul circuits

talkboxing with Solaris, few basic questions

Post by Soul circuits »

Hello folks,

I'm starting my talkbox pratice sessions and it's really amazing experience when coupled with the solaris (using a separated amp and an old school based but newly designed 100 w talkbox).
I was wondering is the outputs set up page could be a global setting and not a patch setting (so I always have the output 3/4 going to the talkbox and 1&2 to my mixer) ?

Also if anyone is talkboxing around let's try to find some good patches (ala dx100 or moog for example) on the solaris !

:)
thank you for your help !
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: talkboxing with Solaris, few basic questions

Post by John Bowen »

It's simple - just change your System parameter LoadOuts to Off and save it to your CF card (using the Save on the System page).
Soul circuits

Post by Soul circuits »

Thank you John ! It seems I need to read a bit more the manual -;) Solaris is great for talkboxing !!! It is linked to its sound of course and easiness to tweak,
Cheers
mambajim

Post by mambajim »

I have the old Dunlop/Heil that I used and it worked really well.
I had to do it since our lazy Guitarist refused to break down and spend the money
as the Contractor specifically requested Joe Walsh's Rocky Mountain Way.

Haven't used it since but a ballsy square wave got the best tone for me, but my talk box
is the ancient big magnetic driver version, the thing weighs like 20 lbs.
Soul circuits

Post by Soul circuits »

Thanks for sharing your experience ! I'm owning a wild media talk box K2 (100 watt) with a power crate amp (small and efficient), tried indeed some square wave patches, funny thing simpler patches with 1 oscillator are doing better job than more sofistacated one...
Keep on trying ,
Cheers