Midi with USB ...

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

sal

Midi with USB ...

Post by sal »

Hi everyone

I recently saw there were some issues with Midi through USB. Here's the problem I encounter:

When using the USB connections, my DAWs (PT11, Nuendo 6, Live 9) cannot receive Midi from the Solaris; however, the Solaris can receive Midi. When using the normal Midi connections, everything works fine.

The DAWs recognize the synth as "John Bowen Solaris Synthesizer", PT11 mentions that it is "emulated" (I started PT in Admin Mode). I use Win 7 64; I checked the USB-Port with other gear, and it works fine.

Does anybody with a similar config encounter as well this problems? I really hope it's not a hardware issue.

Best regards

Sal
sal

Re: Midi with USB ...

Post by sal »

To rephrase this: Can somebody working with Nuendo 6, PT11 or Live9, on Win 7 64bit, please tell me if the USB-Midi connection works properly?
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

Well, I can tell you that with Logic and Mavericks on a Mac it works fine, pretty sure it's not the Solaris.
sal

Post by sal »

Unfortunately I can't test it on a Mac. Other posts confirmed as well that it works on a Mac.
Anyway. My Blofeld works perfect with USB and with the mentioned config. So what can I do to get the Solaris to work? Might it be an OS issue?
niversen

Post by niversen »

I am using Mainstage and not Logic on OSX 10.9.2. I had the issue you described and switched to physical MIDI port and have not had any issues since.
sal

Post by sal »

Thank you - seems like this is the only way to go.
sal

Post by sal »

Just a quick info on the solution.

It turned out to be a hardware-related problem. I had to send the unit back, but since it still was under warranty from Thomann, it was a quick and painless process. They exchanged the faulty parts and now everything works fine (Midi per USB okay, under the same configuration: Win 7/64).

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me :)
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Sal,

Did you have to pay any shipping costs?

jb
sal

Post by sal »

John,
no, I didn't have to pay the costs (UPS). They were covered by the warranty (3 years).

sal