Solaris Loses midi connection

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

M-Prod

Solaris Loses midi connection

Post by M-Prod »

Often when i work with the solaris with my DAW (mavericks, Ableton Live 9) I lose midi connection from the DAW to the Solaris. I have to reboot or disconnect and connect the usb cable to reconnect it (although when i only reconnect the usb cable, the solaris does not receive the tempo information anymore) . It's connected via USB and only the connection from daw -> solaris is lost. The midi from the solaris to the daw works fine. Midi monitor still shows both the midi in and outputs of the solaris.
Is this a known problem?
niversen

Re: Solaris Loses midi connection

Post by niversen »

I am seeing the same thing in Mainstage. At some point the Solaris no longer responds to patch changes, but I still see the MIDI show up from the keyboard and pitch/mod wheels. MIDI panic doesn't solve the issue. A reboot of the Solaris does. I am OSX 10.9.2 and Mainstage 3.03 (both most current versions).

When using a regular MIDI cable, I did not observe this. Today is my first day trying to go "full USB".

I will switch back to regular MIDI from my RME interface if it happens again. I can't have this happen in the middle of playing live. The reboot time would not be functional for me.