would you be interested in SOLARIS editor ?

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

minorguy

Re: would you be interested in SOLARIS editor ?

Post by minorguy »

I happen to be using an older version of JUCE version 4.3.1 and the reason is I believe newer versions will cause the app to put up a splash screen and I didn't want that. I'm not sure but I thought that's what I read somewhere.
You're probably going to need some proficiency in programming and figuring out problems because the code has never been compiled for Mac and it may very well have things that need fixing for it to compile.
Solaris #249
chapolin

Post by chapolin »

I know I ask a lot, and maybe I am alone to use a Solaris with Linux ... but please if you can make also the editor for Linux (ubuntu), 1000 thanks in advance ;)
Benoist Guitton

Post by Benoist Guitton »

Sorry Jim if I didn't even bother trying your Solarium : I was repelled by the screen shot with wires :oops:
I was terribly wrong since you already implemented plenty of features I was looking for :D
Early adopters should give it a try again because from the changelog you started from very far away and many bugs were corrected ( by the way why naming it V 0.1 instead of V 1.0 ? )
Apparently I was one of the latest version 3 downloaders ( !!!!! )
I think it would even help the non Solaris users to have a good overview of the depth of what can be done beyond specs sheet ...
I recommend you use USB even if it's sometimes temperamental, but directly plugged to the motherboard : at first I was short and had to use a router and I couldn't receive but was able to send and it was slow also, now directly plugged in it takes less than 5 five seconds to receive.
New users should definitely check your manual at the end for the Main Unsupported Capabilities.
Personnaly I’am okay with the limitations for now because I needed more a helpful viewer than an editor.
In short : thanks ! ( also for your work on the Solaris 1.31 version ) 8)
minorguy

Post by minorguy »

I hate to hijack this thread since it’s not my thread, but I’ll be brief. Just to be clear, it’s version zero-point-ten. Not zero-point-one. The reason it’s not 1.0 is because it’s not at some point I could call finished due to the incomplete MIDI support of the Solaris. Sorry if you don’t like wires. I’d like to point out however that UI designers have to be aware that some percentage of people are color-blind. Sometimes only red-green color blind. So using color as the only means of differentiating things can be a problem. Further, the Solaris may have more possible connections than other synths. It certainly has a lot of parameters. In the future I’d like to move the parameters from the side panel to an upper window similar to the first screenshot shown here.
Solaris #249
Benoist Guitton

Post by Benoist Guitton »

Understood about the version number ...
I 'am not fond of wires because they get in the way, but I'll deal with them !
Maybe wires like PCB tracks with ramifications : you start with a trunk then branches around modules ( easier said than done !! )
The side ( or later up ) panel could show all oscillators parameters at once with a little "compression", same for other sections ...
Anyway, I'am already very happy with what it has to offer : quite exhaustive exploration before tweaking :D
reno

Post by reno »

I'll give the Mac compilation a shot... please bug me if you haven't heard back in a week or two :)
reno

Post by reno »

Well that was quick...
I had some issues with Projucer (latest version 5) but eventually managed to export to XCode, here's what happens :
First, dozens of these errors :

And then a lone one : " 'auto' not allowed in lambda parameter " on line 1861 of ParameterList.cpp

There may be more errors (there are warnings) but XCode stops there after too many of them.

I'm afraid my C++ is too rusty to get to the bottom of this.
Any ideas Jim ? Maybe we can discuss this in a more appropriate thread too...
minorguy

Post by minorguy »

reno, I sent you a PM. Also, try to use a recent compiler version. I tend to use some newer features from C++11 and C++14 standards. (already three years old now!)

Yesterday I updated Solarium to v0.11 to work with Solaris 1.4.0 system exclusive. So you'll want to get that newer code now. Although that newer code won't solve the specific errors you're having.
(Windows users can download the 0.11 executable from the Downloads section.)
Solaris #249
amongstmyselves

Post by amongstmyselves »

Wonderful work on the new OS and previous updates, minorguy. Thank you very much !

The 0.11 executable doesn't appear to be in the Downloads section ?

Steve.
minorguy

Post by minorguy »

Yeah, I just removed it for a couple reasons. One is that it had a virus. (I got a better virus checker now) Also, Solaris 1.4.0 was found to have bug that we couldn't leave there so that got pulled down for the time being. So no sense in putting Solarium 0.11 back yet. Sorry and hopefully all will be well soon.

Edit 12/22: I have reason to believe now that the virus mentioned above is a false positive detected by Bitdefender.
Last edited by minorguy on Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solaris #249
minorguy

Post by minorguy »

It's back.
Solaris #249
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Oh boy, what a great Christmas.
Thanks JH/JB.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
chapolin

Post by chapolin »

A little good new, I installed the new winehq version on my linux Ubuntu Studio and Solarium work now !
And it work very fine in realtime with the Solaris :)
Thank you so so much for this program :P
francois

Post by francois »

Thanks! Very useful. I have this on a PC that is not next to the Solaris, so I like to not have to go there and back all the time.
"Sit Solaris vobiscum"