Screen display

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

chapolin

Screen display

Post by chapolin »

Hello

Is there an option to constantly have the preset displayed ? even when modifying a parameter ?

Yours sincerely
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Screen display

Post by John Bowen »

chapolin wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:52 am Hello

Is there an option to constantly have the preset displayed ? even when modifying a parameter ?

Yours sincerely
Not at this time. You want to not use the center display for any editing information - just display the preset as is, and yet to still be able to edit in the text screens, correct?

But pressing any button around the center display (graphics display) would then take it out of Preset Mode into Edit mode for the parameters shown there, I would suggest.

I’m not sure if this is possible - depends on a couple of things, I can ask Jim about the possibility of a User option to lock the gfx display to Preset data only.
chapolin

Post by chapolin »

Yes, sometime if I want to try several sounds just by pressing + and - buttons (under the master volume), if I turn a knob, for example the cutoff of a filter, the preset displayed become the 3rd home parameters and I have to press the preset button to return to the preset display to be able to choose another sound... It can be a little long when you just want to play quickly some sounds.
minorguy

Post by minorguy »

I can see the point. So using the controls around the text displays would not bump you into edit mode. And you may not need a performance knob if you can just control a parameter directly. The tradeoff is that in order to get to edit mode you have to either press the Preset button or else one of the buttons above the center display. That means you cannot use the data wheel/numpad/+/- controls to edit the parameters until you do that. So what do other people think?
Solaris #249