Problems with effects channels

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

qtuner

Problems with effects channels

Post by qtuner »

I don't think effects channels should be global.

I want to be able to store delay, chorus, etc, for each preset so that when I recall that preset, its effects parameters are recalled.

This could create an interesting problem when the solaris becomes multitimbral.

The pads with delay sound amazing.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Problems with effects channels

Post by John Bowen »

The effects channels are NOT normally global! You should be able to save all parameters separately per Preset. But....for proper recall of the programmed effects, you need to make sure your System page has the LoadOuts set to On. (And then set Save to ‘Active’ and press Enter to store this in your global init file).

The reason this was done was IF you did want to change the programmed outputs to something special, but didn’t want to re-program every Preset - then you can set the LoadOuts parameter to Off, and the settings then stay as you have them manually.

Hope this helps,
John B.
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Speaking of effects.
I want to buy the Hosa ODL-312 which takes the Toslink SP/DIF and converts audio to AES/EBU, which my XITE-1 uses.
I would like to use this as a way to bring in samples from the STS-5000, or Modular patches that would be void of FIlters and Effects since Solaris' effects are of a better quality to my ears. This is a bi-directional process so it could add extra sounds Solaris doesnlt have presently.
I would then like to have each of the 4 x parts ( Osc, Env,Filter, VCA ) have it's own pair of analog outs and also send those to the XITE-1. Would the Digital bi directional signals work simulataneaously with the analog I/O's..?

If so this would be awesome, as I could leave the Analog waveforms untreated as they sound best w/o effects, and then the VS, Sample Osc., and Wavetables could be treated seperately.

I hope this is possible....
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Jimmy,

All of the synth is summed at the end of the audio paths, so you cannot at this time have each of the 4 Osc-Filter-VCA paths go out separately to any output pair. The only choice is to have the complete synth output routed to each of the output pairs plus the S/PDIF with or without specific effects.

Hopefully some day when we have MultiMode working, the plan is to be able to assign each of the 4 MultiMode parts one of the output pairs, as you are asking.

John
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Mi estas matando.
I look forward to that, but as of now sending an analog pair to the XITE-1 mic pres sounds awful big and I can add additional effects there.

Thanks, hope your tooth gets better quicker...

JAV
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
serena-5

Post by serena-5 »

…hope that your tooth gets better ????????
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

I had a root canal that needed to be redone. :-)
serena-5

Post by serena-5 »

...unfortunately, that happens, even with the most skilled of endodontists (when I was in school, the need for retreatment of RCT teeth was about 13%). It's a science, albeit not a perfect one...no medicine is, unfortunately. I hope that you're doing better though...