Not keen on Preset organising scheme

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

francois

Not keen on Preset organising scheme

Post by francois »

On the one hand, using the CF card to store presets means, potentially, the ability to quickly reorganise banks and presets.

However, the naming scheme used for the presets is not flexible at all. How do I know that p0.pre from Bank0 is preset alpha whilst p0.pre is preset beta in Bank1? Since both are called p0.pre, it is impossible to mix and match presets from various banks. And since it is not possible to name the presets alpha.pre, beta.pre, gamma.pre and so on, we have need for a librarian to organise things!
"Sit Solaris vobiscum"
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Not keen on Preset organising scheme

Post by John Bowen »

Yes, a Librarian is needed....there are a couple of possibilities, but at the moment, nothing finished.
I do have a rudimentary Preset Naming program for OS x users...this allows one to view and edit the name of the preset with your Mac computer.
the program is not quite ready for public release, but I can send it out to those who are really wanting to have some way to type in names.

john
francois

Post by francois »

Good to know. I thought there were discussions with PsiCraft developing something. Is that on the back burner?
"Sit Solaris vobiscum"
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

It requires that I send PsiCraft a spare unit, which I have not been able to do yet, so you could sort of say it is on the ‘back burner’ for now.
francois

Post by francois »

Ah, there's hope yet. Good to know, thanks.
"Sit Solaris vobiscum"
serena-5

Post by serena-5 »

I have a great idea, if possible. I'm wondering if it will be possible to organize these patches into groups, like analog, digital, favorites 1,2, etc....possibly even letting you name your different cat agonies. The Virus TI impliments this type of internal organization, which makes it much faster to get around and get to where you need...or get back and forth quickly onstage. By contrast, try to get around between different patches quickly on a Nlord Lead 2x...very difficult indeed. Just something on my want list.....
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Solaris has two category fields that you can apply to each Preset. See page 11 of the Solaris User Guide for a complete description.
serena-5

Post by serena-5 »

Thanks, John. In my zeal to dig in, I only skimmed thru the manual. I'll dig into it this weekend.
sven hauck

Post by sven hauck »

serena-5 wrote:I have a great idea, if possible. I'm wondering if it will be possible to organize these patches into groups, like analog, digital, favorites 1,2, etc....possibly even letting you name your different cat agonies. The Virus TI impliments this type of internal organization, which makes it much faster to get around and get to where you need...or get back and forth quickly onstage. By contrast, try to get around between different patches quickly on a Nlord Lead 2x...very difficult indeed. Just something on my want list.....
Great idea!
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Sven - please see page 11 in the User Gude, which explains how to do this in the Solaris.

John b.
sven hauck

Post by sven hauck »

Excellente! Thanks John.