Possible tool for DAW control panel

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

francois

Possible tool for DAW control panel

Post by francois »

I've just discovered a tool called Ctrl, free, working on Linux, Mac and PC, which enables you to build control panels to remotely access your synth from your DAW. I'm thinking this could be the ideal tool to make a Solaris control panel once the MIDI implementation is complete.

In any case, it is very useful for any synth. Some panels have already been developed by users. The Virus Ti is quite stunning.

The URL is:

http://ctrlr.org/
"Sit Solaris vobiscum"
Neotrope

Re: Possible tool for DAW control panel

Post by Neotrope »

Interesting ... looks cool, except for the bug reports on MaC OS, and it's the part time effort of one guy. But very neat... I think the brave at heart might look at more mature products like the Open Labs Music OS 3, or perhaps even better Smithson-Martin Emulator, both of which can run on a computer, build your own interfaces and have better support and again more mature development. Yes, they cost money, but in this case I think you might get what you pay for. Emulator with a 17-inch ELO touch panel might be a cool add-on for the Solaris ... !
I have so much MIDI gear it would warp your soul.

I am the CEO of Neotrope® and am also the editor at MusicIndustryNewswire.com and have been a music journalist and MIDI guru since 1984 (ie since MIDI existed).
Neotrope

Re: Possible tool for DAW control panel

Post by Neotrope »

OH... just noticed that the CTRL can be used to integrate from within DAW, sort of like what MidiQuest was "trying" to do ... that would be cool. Being able to affect something from within Logic would be neat; although a simple editor for that "could" be built from within Logic on the Mac, if somebody wanted to spend the time, since it already has ability to build some control elements... if ANYBODY comes up with something specifically for the Solaris, I'd be willing to pay for the templates/panels, whatever, if it works in the Mac/OSX realm. :_)
I have so much MIDI gear it would warp your soul.

I am the CEO of Neotrope® and am also the editor at MusicIndustryNewswire.com and have been a music journalist and MIDI guru since 1984 (ie since MIDI existed).