Solaris emulating Korg Wavestation

Off Topic Discussion area
Damo Diggler

Solaris emulating Korg Wavestation

Post by Damo Diggler »

Hi John,

I guess you're the best person to ask this query to...

There have been a few "atmospherics" that have 'haunted' me for years... I recently identified both of them from being from your Korg Wavestation: "Guardians", "Wave Song" and a couple of others.

So my question is 'Are those wave tables in the Solaris the same as what the Korg Wavestation had, and can the Solaris manipulate the timing of the intervals in the same way?' ..I guess I would really like to imitate those sounds and a couple of other 'stand-outs' form the Korg Wavestation as faithfully as possible on the Solaris."

Best regards,

Damian
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Solaris emulating Korg Wavestation

Post by John Bowen »

Damo Diggler wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:28 pm Hi John,

I guess you're the best person to ask this query to...

There have been a few "atmospherics" that have 'haunted' me for years... I recently identified both of them from being from your Korg Wavestation: "Guardians", "Wave Song" and a couple of others.

So my question is 'Are those wave tables in the Solaris the same as what the Korg Wavestation had, and can the Solaris manipulate the timing of the intervals in the same way?' ..I guess I would really like to imitate those sounds and a couple of other 'stand-outs' form the Korg Wavestation as faithfully as possible on the Solaris."

Best regards,

Damian
Ah, I am finally seeing this post! Sorry for the long time - so, no, the Wavestation samples are proprietary Korg property, and no one else has (or should not have) the samples used in the Wavestation. We do not have a ‘wavesequencing’ model, so no way really to get an exact replica of many of the Wavestation sounds.
Damo Diggler

Post by Damo Diggler »

Ok, thanks for the response.

Well , a while after posting that... I just caved in and got myself a WaveStation AD anyway, was really impressed with the sound. So now I have a small JB autobiography series here..

Prophet 5 Rev 2
WaveStation AD
Solaris

..Anything else I need to add?! 8)
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

I have a Prophet 3000 I will be selling.... :-)
Damo Diggler

Post by Damo Diggler »

Oh wow! .. that's rare! :shock:

How many of those got out ??

I'm assuming you'll probably want close to $2k USD ?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Yes, I think there were around 200 total, but this one is a Rev B with 8MB of memory, and these are even more rare. You are close regarding price - I’ve had someone say they’d pay $3200 for a working unit...which this is not at the moment. I have to get the internal power supply replaced and everything fully tested before I put it up for sale. I also have a very rare P-3002 dual hard drive unit (also rack mount) that is a SCSI device for the P-3000. Once I get everything working again, I will post it.
Damo Diggler

Post by Damo Diggler »

I think I may have seen one of these with a HxC floppy emulator drive installed, which is probably what I'd be more inclined to go with, if I could... very tempting, although I just recently acquired an Emulator II... so, I think I may be 'ok' for the minute... but I will sleep on it and it if is available is the near future I will definitely make a serious consideration... hmmm!