new LXR drum box

Off Topic Discussion area
John Bowen
Site Admin

new LXR drum box

Post by John Bowen »

This is related to the Solaris only in that the fellow who coded parts of the Solaris OS (not the DSP code) is also selling this DIY kit for a drum machine, and I thought I should post it here, in case there's anyone who would like to support him with his project.

http://www.sonic-potions.com/

It's a very good-sounding unit, and if you have some interest in assembling kits, you'll have a very nice weekend project ahead.
At the moment, he is sold out, but I expect he will be making more kits available as time permits.
bennethos

Re: new LXR drum box

Post by bennethos »

fyi

The LXR is a full fledged digital drum machine with integrated sequencer.
Its sound engine provides 6 different instruments, each with over 30 parameters to tweak. It can produce a wide variety of sounds, ranging from classic analogue emulations to crunchy digital mayhem. Each of the 6 voices is a complete synthesizer with multiple oscillators, envelopes, a multimode filter, effects and versatile modulation options. There are different synthesis models used for the different voices. Each one optimised, but not limited to certain types of drum sounds.

Price
The complete kit is sold for 280,-€*
Acrylic enclosures sold separately for 70,-€*

Owner of Solaris #00324
Xarrio

Post by Xarrio »

Thank you for the link and information. I have a similar digital drum machine which I installed in a garage of my Munich property here and I am trying to use it every weekend when I have free time. Love it!
Last edited by Xarrio on Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

That looks like a very cool project. Just need to finish my next two SY-1M kits then may look into this. Cheers John