Help with transposing an older synth

Off Topic Discussion area
Bluemusician2002

Help with transposing an older synth

Post by Bluemusician2002 »

Though I am the proud owner of a new Solaris (just arrived last week), I am still using some older keyboards for my regular gigs. I figure that many Solaris owners are pretty serious synthesizer players and programmers and hope that maybe somebody out there has experience and can help me with a problem on a different keyboard (this is the off-topic, i.e. Solaris forum after all). I have an original DX7 with an E! upgrade card. I've managed to figure out how to turn internal and cartridge memory on/off and how to transpose the keyboard down 1/2 step. What I cannot figure out is how to keep the keyboard transposed down 1/2 step. Whenever I change patches, the DX7 goes back to the original key. Yamaha was polite but not much help, claiming they did not "know" the E! board and Grey Matter Solutions appears to be out of business. So maybe someone out there has done this before? Thank you, Andy McIntyre
scope4live

Re: Help with transposing an older synth

Post by scope4live »

I think the transpositions were not storable in the 1984 DX7 using the GM E upgrade.
It's been a long time but I believe I went with the DX7 II FD with the Grey Matter E for that very reason.
I could be wrong though....
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole