Quantum Wave SE Announced!

Discuss all other Zarg Music plug-ins
John Bowen
Site Admin

Quantum Wave SE Announced!

Post by John Bowen »

I am introducing (via my Zarg Music site www.zargmusic.com) a 'spin-off' device from my Quantum Wave synth (which was originally commissioned by Hans Zimmer to recreate his Waldorf Wave). This device will be called the Quantum Wave SE, for 'Single Edition'. It's basically one of the four Instruments that is contained in the larger Quantum Wave, with the addition of the Global and FX parameters that are normally part of the Performance presets. The SE version does not use Performance presets, but does have the ability to load any of the other preset lists of the Quantum Wave (FX, Looping EG, Instruments).

For those who have smaller Scope DSP systems and still want to enjoy the sound of the Waldorf oscillators and functionality of the Wave design, the Quantum Wave SE is the ideal choice! I was able to get polyphony of up to 15 voices in my 23 DSP system, indicating roughly about 8-9 voices for a 6 DSP board.

Price will be 149 Euros, but with an introductory price of 125 Euros during the month of August. Please contact me at info@johnbowen.com for further information regarding purchase and availability.
HUROLURA

Re: Quantum Wave SE Announced!

Post by HUROLURA »

Is this one or the Pro-One compatible with Xite-1 ?
CheerZ
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Yes, both of those should be fine with XITE. You will have to ask Ralf at Sonic Core to see what the polyphony is though (I don't have an XITE unit to try here).

john
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I sent an e-mail to Ralf ...
I will let you know.
By the way, why don't you have an Xite-1 ? You deserve one ...
Did you stop any update or new plug-in design on the Scope platform ?
CheerZ
Fidgit

Post by Fidgit »

HUROLURA wrote:Did you stop any update or new plug-in design on the Scope platform ?
i'm not john, but my guess would be:

1) the development of the solaris used up all synth related resources of JB in the last (5?) years. after all, there's something called life besides the work. :wink:
2) many potential xite/scope developers are waiting for the SDK 5 to be released. once SDK 5 is out, this may change. hopefully.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

HUROLURA wrote:By the way, why don't you have an Xite-1 ? You deserve one ...
Well, to be honest, I can't afford one right now. All (and I mean ALL) of my money has gone into the Solaris development!
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Fidgit wrote:I'm not john, but my guess would be:

1) the development of the solaris used up all synth related resources of JB in the last (5?) years. after all, there's something called life besides the work. :wink:
2) many potential xite/scope developers are waiting for the SDK 5 to be released. once SDK 5 is out, this may change. hopefully.
Fidgit,
Exactly right! (But the last 4 years, not 5...)

I am still on Windows XP (which occasionally crashes on me) so that I can use the Scope SDK, but there hasn't been a lot of requests to update any of my Zarg Music plug-ins, except for use with XITE, which we can't do until the SDK 5 is done. Once it's released, developers can use a laptop with an XITE-1 or XITE-D and work using Windows 7.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

John Bowen wrote:
HUROLURA wrote:By the way, why don't you have an Xite-1 ? You deserve one ...
Well, to be honest, I can't afford one right now. All (and I mean ALL) of my money has gone into the Solaris development!
Oh, I thought SC could have offered you one unit (at least an XITE-1D) for that purpose as you have some close colaboration on another topic named ... the Solaris !!!

Wish you a successfull launch on this amazing synth John.

PS:
No repply from SC regarding the polyphony so far.
Could you send me DEMO version of Quantum Wave SE, ProWave, Pro-One V3 meanwhile so that I can figure out which one(s) I could buy to support you.
CheerZ
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Got an answer from Ralf even with the eastern period coming. Great customer support as usual.

Ralf suggest Jimmy V could have some figures to share with us ...

By the way, John, where can we find the Quantum Wave SE install file.
Ralf wrote me he could kindly provide me a temporary keyfile to test the plug but I have to install it first and send him the keystring for temporary key request ...
CheerZ
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

I don't provide an install file, just a .zip file with everything in it. Please contact me directly at info@johnbowen.com for any Zarg Music plug-in demos or purchases, if you cannot fine them on the Sonic Core Store.
Dante

Post by Dante »

John Bowen wrote:Well, to be honest, I can't afford one right now. All (and I mean ALL) of my money has gone into the Solaris development!
Tempted @ 40% off ?