Solaris VS Jupiter 8 & OB8

Post your music made with the Solaris keyboard
chapolin

Re: Solaris VS Jupiter 8 & OB8

Post by chapolin »

Hello, it is not possible to see the video :?
M-Prod

Post by M-Prod »

chapolin wrote:Hello, it is not possible to see the video :?
Tnx and sorry forgot to set it to public
christeck

Post by christeck »

John Bowen wrote:
christeck wrote:
The question/problem was how to use the LFO output as a controller for envelope values which occur only on key-down events. Obviously, it only makes sense to grab a value from the LFO when the note is played. You can’t continuously modulate any envelope segment once the EG is underway.

Is that what you are requesting?
At my end, this is not an urgent request. Sometimes it was useful to modulate the sustain level, but there are workarounds, e.g. directly modulating the destination parameter (e.g. filter cutoff).

On the other hand, I sometimes liked to alter the sound by an assignable button, e.g. to prolong the attack or release time by pressing the button. And maybe slightly modulating slow attack and decay times by an LFO in "realtime" was of good use for pad sounds.
christeck

Post by christeck »

OK, found some further use this very eve by accident.

* An oscillator is modulated by an LFO.
* An envelope's decay is used to control the LFO's rate (fast at key press, then slowly but steadily slowing down).
* I'd like to control the time of the decay by some controller.
* The Solaris can do this via the modulation wheel (though not other controllers like the joystick, ribbon etc.).
* The Solaris can't do it in realtime. in case the envelope is on its way, moving the modulation wheel won't affect that decay time at all.
* The Virus TI can do it. MOving the modulation wheel immediately affects the time of the envelope's decay.

IIRC the Microwave also allowed to modulate envelope times in realtime. See my patch »Diet Bagpipe MW«. The modulation wheel modulates the envelope's times, but it requires to retrigger the note.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Yes, then the Solaris would act like the Microwave in this case, as you would have to re-trigger the note to update the value. (I would have preferred updating in real time, but this apparently would have added much more work to the DSP coder at the time.)
M-Prod

Post by M-Prod »

M-Prod wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:09 am
chapolin wrote:Hello, it is not possible to see the video :?
Tnx and sorry forgot to set it to public

Aaaand that was the wrong movie back then. Just me turning a release knob.. duuuh. I was re reading this thread and noticed my silly and useless comments... Don't know what i was thinking back then :mrgreen: