Korg Z1 Legacy Collection

Post your presets to share with other Solaris owners.

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

christeck

Korg Z1 Legacy Collection

Post by christeck »

Korg Z1.png
Korg Z1.png (56.49 KiB) Viewed 14729 times
I've split the former »Virus & Z1 Legacy Collection« into separate banks, since it makes it easier for me to keep track of my work. The two sounds have grown to nine.

The Korg Z1 in general sounds more moving and living as the Solaris does, which is especially true for pad sounds. One oscillator of the Z1 alone with no further effects applied can sound better than two detuned oscillators of the Solaris with chorus applied. Sometimes this is due to the famous »Form« parameter modulated by an LFO (acts like pulse width modulation on square, saw, and triangle waves), but the basic waveforms alone already seem to be optimized to the max as well as the filters and envelope characteristics. As a side effect, I fell in deep love with the Z1 again. It is a very flexible machine, due to its multi oscillator synthesis system. Additionally, it also provides multiple LFOs, envelopes, mixers, and even a feedback loop.

Of course it's comparing apples and oranges. The Z1 is unique, as is the Solaris. I'm sure you'll enjoy the sounds on the Solaris. In case you do, consider getting a Z1 2nd hand – you won't regret, even you already own a Solaris.
SolarisBank-KorgZ1LegacyCollection-ChristophEckert.zip
(104.63 KiB) Downloaded 713 times
Have fun with your machine(s).
christeck

Re: Korg Z1 Legacy Collection

Post by christeck »

Here's an update. The collection has grown from 9 to 21 presets. Some are not really finished yet, but I decided to release them anyway.

In case you like some particular sound, do not hesitate to let us know.