Factory Presets v4.0

Post your presets to share with other Solaris owners.

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

John Bowen
Site Admin

Factory Presets v4.0

Post by John Bowen »

Here is a revised set of all the Factory Presets plus new banks from Christoph Eckert (Bank8 with CE in the names, forum name christeck) and Francois N. (bank9 with FN in the names, forum name kalaspace). This does NOT, however, include TOBY EMERSON’S Event Horizon 2 set, which you can find here:
http://blackoctopus-sound.com/product/e ... n-solaris/
Factory_Presets_v4_0.zip
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 733 times
In addition, I’ve edited all presets to have the same output that is programmed for the Analog Outs 1&2 now assigned to the S/P-DIF Outputs, so if you are using S/P-DIF instead of the Analog 1/2 Outs, you don’t need to worry about not having the audio routed. (This was being handled by the LoadOuts parameter in the System page, but now you should be able to leave that parameter to On without any issue when using S/P-DIF outputs.)

Another edit returns the Expression Pedal assignment to always be Expression (volume). Early on, we had a problem if you didn’t have a pedal plugged in to the Expression jack - the Solaris would assume the low/zero value appearing at the jack meant to shut down the volume! As a temporary remedy, I reprogrammed the Expression Pedal to the Pff value, meaning that, if you did want to use the Expression pedal to control volume, you had to go in to each Preset and re-program it! Well, now I’ve changed that again, so that now all Presets have Expression assigned. (If you want the pedal to handle Pan instead, you will have to edit the preset yourself.)

To avoid this Expression Pedal issue, we moved the Polarity settings for each pedal to be saved with the System Save, and added a value of Off. If you are NOT using a pedal for Expression (volume), then you should set the Expression Pedal’s Polarity to Off (in the Home page 2), then go to your System page, set the Save parameter to Active, and press ENTER to save this global setting.

I’m also posting the updated Documents folder that is on each factory CF card. I know that some people are not aware that all of the presets are listed in these doc files, some with expensive notes by the authors as to specific use of controllers and so on for each preset.
Factory_Presets_v4_0_Documents.zip
(5.34 MiB) Downloaded 717 times
Please let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
John Bowen
progrock1

Re: Factory Presets v4.0

Post by progrock1 »

Hi John,
I downloaded the factory presets 4.0 and moved my own banks to follow the newly organized and current 4.0 set. For some reason, Bank 1 (Marco Paris) does not load/is not readable in Bank 1. It says "EMPTY " and at the bottom "Error Loading Preset". I reloaded it and even tried reloading the previous bank from the last Factory Presets and got the same message. All other banks are fine. What's odd is that I then placed Bank 1 presets in a different bank and no issue. Is it possible for a Bank on a CF card to go bad or fail? I am using the original CF card that came with the Solaris. Thanks,
Dan
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Hmmmm, I have never seen that happen, and I just checked again as to the bank/patch folder organization, and all seems OK.

Anyone else have this problem?

jb
M-Prod

Post by M-Prod »

Thanks for the update John,

@progrock1 no such error here