Solaris Strings

Post any sample files you'd like to share with other Solaris owners.

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

John Bowen
Site Admin

Solaris Strings

Post by John Bowen »

Here’s a set of 8 violin samples to add to your Factory Samples folder on your CF card. Each sample has its original (root) pitch listed in the name, and so you will notice artifacts when playing lower notes on the higher samples. This will download as SamplePool-003.txt, so if you already have custom samples in that position, please renumber this SamplePool text file to the next ascending number in your folder.

Enjoy!
Attachments
Solaris Violins.zip
(5.65 MiB) Downloaded 1028 times
scope4live

Re: Solaris Strings

Post by scope4live »

Blend these with some Pitch Modded Jaws Oscillators.
Nice.

Thanks JB
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
chapolin

Post by chapolin »

I tried it but something do not work the solaris seem to not charge the samples ...
It work with other samples.
Regards
Phil
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Please check your Samples folder and make sure that there are SamplePools 1 &2 in there, and that the Violins are the only SamplePool-3.txt file in there. Also, make sure you have v1.3.1 OS installed.
chapolin

Post by chapolin »

Hello, I founded the problem. If there is only SamplePool-3.txt without SamplePool-2.txt and SamplePool-1.txt it not work. So I had to rename SamplePool-3.txt in SamplePool-1.txt.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Yes, exactly! The Solaris needs things in a numerical order, starting with 0 for Banks, 001 for Sample Pools, and 00 for Presets.
Of course you can rename/renumber things to move them around, so, for example, you could move Bank0 to Bank9, just as long as you have another Bank0 in place.
david

Post by david »

I do hope that the sample import is simplified in the next major OS. The dream is to "drag and drop" samples from the computer, and have them easily and instantly imported to the Solaris. The sample stuff is next level, but it's now another technical thing getting in the way of fast workflow. I haven't even had time to really figure out how it works.
chapolin

Post by chapolin »

Of course you can rename/renumber things to move them around, so, for example, you could move Bank0 to Bank9, just as long as you have another Bank0 in place.
Thanks, an interesting little thing also, it is possible to rename the presets just by editing the files presets, for example with gvim (linux) or notepad and to modify the name at the same place in the first line.

Maybe in the future it will be able to add a name for banks ?