Stereo Modulations

User Feature Request List

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

Jaulus

Stereo Modulations

Post by Jaulus »

I really miss a modulatable panorama parameter per oscillator in the oscillator section. Or at least in the mixer section. The Solaris can sound so organic, it would be breathtaking with true stereo modulations!
Solaris, Sunsyn MKII, Wave 2.2, Andromeda, Omega 8, G2X, OB8, Jupiter 6, MKS80, Minimoog, VX 600, Trident MK2
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Stereo Modulations

Post by John Bowen »

Right now you have to use the Pan section in the VCA to modulate the stereo position. Select a VCA, and look in the Mod pages for Source 2 - this is hard-wired to modulate Pan.
Jaulus

Post by Jaulus »

Thanks for the info, but that's a bit "late" for my taste. I would prefer a pan function at the core of synthesis, in order to get easier effects from it. Especially in the oscillator section. The signal gets "audible" after the VCAs, may be this the reason why it's all mono before? Or would that mess up the hardwired modular signal-flow structure of the Solaris?

Btw., it would be useful to add "Panorama" to the user guide index. :)
Solaris, Sunsyn MKII, Wave 2.2, Andromeda, Omega 8, G2X, OB8, Jupiter 6, MKS80, Minimoog, VX 600, Trident MK2
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Please see my text here for further thought on this panning issue: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16105&p=19716#p19716