Announce when you receive your Solaris!

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
marzzz

Re: Announce when you receive your Solaris!

Post by marzzz »

Seconded. The written instructions to open things up (to adjust the pitch wheels) was downright scary.....
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

marzzz wrote:Seconded. The written instructions to open things up (to adjust the pitch wheels) was downright scary.....
It's really not that bad, as long as you have an electric screwdriver :-)
tiz9000

Post by tiz9000 »

I got mine! White version #145. I got it about a week ago in fact, and it's lovely!
papaZooZoo

Post by papaZooZoo »

Hi, everybody!
You can call me "this cheerful Russian who incorrectly writes in English"
At last and I received my unit! White, #141
The most terrible was to wait the last week because at this time my Solaris was in hands of the Russian Post...

Allow to show my workplace:
WP_20130921_005.jpg
Equal among the equal:
WP_20130921_001.jpg
wouter

Post by wouter »

Nice setup, my Solaris is also placed above an Andromeda :)
mambajim

Post by mambajim »

Congrats to Tin and PaPa.
Beautiful Electro Studio.. :mrgreen:
parchemy

Post by parchemy »

HI All,

I m very happy today i receive my SOLARIS number 078.
It s great, i never heard a sound like that. I tried a lot of synthesizers (VA VIRUS, NORD LEAD, KORG, ROLAND, WALDORF, NOVATION, the VST...) but the SOLARIS take the top.
vargus

Post by vargus »

Purchased a white Solaris SN109 from Awave in Melbourne the day before yesterday. Their shop is about 400 meters from my house, it was delivered by hand by a nice gent who walked the carton down on a sack truck. Glad I didn't have to pay for shipping. :)
Attachments
IMG_2684.JPG
papaZooZoo

Post by papaZooZoo »

Wow! :shock: Nice setup!
BillySynth

Post by BillySynth »

Nice setup. I too purchased from Awave. Just waiting for my iPad Air to arrive now lol

Regards
Billy
koenig

Post by koenig »

vargus wrote:Purchased a white Solaris SN109 from Awave in Melbourne the day before yesterday. Their shop is about 400 meters from my house, it was delivered by hand by a nice gent who walked the carton down on a sack truck. Glad I didn't have to pay for shipping. :)
Is that a Hartmann Neuron I see on top?
urge

Post by urge »

Neuron above a Kronos above andromeda
niversen

Post by niversen »

S/N 0142 has landed! I have just gotten it plugged in an am playing the first bank. The sound quality is completely over-the-top. Way better than any softsynth I own, and I have plenty of top shelf offerings. This is another league. So smooth, but with guts, harmonic richness. The hardware is very high quality and the whole thing is built to this standard. No cut corners.

John, you should be very proud of this. It is a massive accomplishment. To deliver something that is higher quality than any major MI company, without massive sponsorship, and to have this quality? This is the work of an artist, and I am privileged to own this synthesizer. It is an instrument and begs to be played expressively and in a fully committed kind of way.

Many here waited longer than I did, but the year of waiting has been fully rewarded.

Thank you John! You have done an amazing and beautiful thing. Thank you for sharing your dream with us.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Thanks so much for sharing this - it's the one of the most gratifying and meaningful posts I've ever read, and means so much, both to me and all who have labored to bring the Solaris into reality.

I also again need to express my thanks to all who pre-ordered, because without your support and belief, I would not be able to bring the Solaris to production. It truly is a community effort! THANK YOU!
M-Prod

Post by M-Prod »

#149 Has landed!!!
Totally agree with niversen. Sounds Great, Interface is amazing, but most of all it feels good to not only spend my hard earned money on a top quality product, but to be able to buy such a product in these times from someone so passionate and dedicated to both his product and clients. I felt a genuine personal connection by the way John communicates. A true craftsman and great person in general.

Somehow can't attach an image :(