Sustain from another keyboard

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

chapolin

Sustain from another keyboard

Post by chapolin »

Hello,

I have a little problem, when I play the Solaris from another keyboard (a GEM promega 3 plugged midi or usb) with his sustain pedal, all work fine from the keyboard (control change, volume) but not the sustain. What can I do to make it working ?

If I plug the sustain pedal in the Solaris the sustain work fine, and when I control another synthesizer (waldorf Q rack) with the promega 3 with the sustain pedal plugged I have also the sustain.

Thank you by advance for your help,

Philippe
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Sustain from another keyboard

Post by John Bowen »

Philippe,

I didn’t test this yet, but I’m guessing it is something that did not get implemented in the MIDI code - only NRPN code was used for most things. I will add it to the bug list.
chapolin

Re: Sustain from another keyboard

Post by chapolin »

Thanks John and good courage for your work for the new OS ! I will wait quietly and now i can plug the sustain on the solaris and use it playing on the promega, the 2 keyboards are not far :mrgreen:

With all of this i tried a lot of things and I used the programmable CC. when I use the pedal sustain on the promega it send on CC 64, so I settled the CC1 of the solaris on 64 and applied it on the release of EG6. So it work a little like a sustain but when I stop to press on the pedal the sustain of the EG6 do not fallow and stay hight.

In the same way I applied the sustain of the promega on the cutoff filters etc and it work fine, it is very cool to be able to control it with the foot while continuing playing with the 2 hands :lol:

Maybe it will be good in the futur to be able to apply some other parameters to the pedal 1 and 2 of the solaris ...