Sustain pedal and Note-On messages choke the Solaris OS 1.4.1

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

Damo Diggler

Sustain pedal and Note-On messages choke the Solaris OS 1.4.1

Post by Damo Diggler »

I have been able to replicate this consistently, previously have experienced this issue in earlier OS revisions too. But, if I am playing the Solaris (locally or externally) and press down on the foot pedal while playing notes... it's almost as if I can 'omit' the note by pressing down on my sustain pedal at the same time.

When they both get pressed at the same moment they 'choke' and most of the time the sustain pedal wins (priority) and interrupts the note from sounding.

Anyone else had this happen?!
synthwalker

Re: Sustain pedal and Note-On messages choke the Solaris OS 1.4.1

Post by synthwalker »

I wonder if this has something to do with the glo.ini file... John?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

We haven’t seen this issues since v1.3.0 OS, and so it’s odd to see your report. What synthwalker is referring to - there was a corrupted global.ini file that got out there in some of the production, and it was affecting things (though I can’t recall exactly what right now). You can check it by downloading and installing the one I posted here:viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16494&p=22050&hili ... NIT#p22050
Damo Diggler

Post by Damo Diggler »

Ok, well if this helps provide more insight, I actually had a beta OS version of 1.3 (may have been 1.3.1) that JB sent me previous to this 1.4 update... so, I guess this issue might be replicating in my Solaris. So I will replace my global.ini file with the .ini file in that thread.

I'll let you know how that goes... Thanks