My Solaris Story

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
qtuner

My Solaris Story

Post by qtuner »

I just wanted to share this with everyone. I just had my second bone marrow transplant in the last 18 months. I've been fighting leukemia for almost 4 years now. One of the things that has kept me going is my desire to play my preordered Solaris. Following the development and providing feedback, has been a good distraction, but now that I'm feeling much better, i'm feeling much more impatient. The point is this whole process has helped me get through some of the mental challenges of cancer. John, keep up the good work.

Last year I was having a really bad cancer day I'd been watching the solaris for sometime. It looked like preorders were gonna close around february 09' so I got out the credit card and ordered. I knew May 09' wasn't a realistic ship date at the time, but I ordered anyway. I relapsed for the 5th time in January this year. I almost gave up, but I had a couple pieces of unfinished business including the solaris. I hope it lives up to hype. No pressure. :D

while I have your attention please check out marrow.org and learn about bone marrow donation. A complete stranger saved my life. It is surprising easy to donate marrow, and there is no easier way to save one's life. If any on has any questions, i'll be happy to share some of my experiences. FYI, I'm only 30 y/o and I was diagnosed in 07'

John, keep up the good work, and thank you
Rick
seamonkey

Post by seamonkey »

You are an inspiration, thank you for sharing your story with us.
matocaster

Post by matocaster »

Thanks for your story Rick. May you continue to be blessed! Hang in there, Solaris is just around the corner. :D
ThreeFingersOfLove

Post by ThreeFingersOfLove »

Once you get the Solaris, I hope it keeps you great company for many, many years to come. :)
gridsleep

Re: My Solaris Story

Post by gridsleep »

So, the Solaris is more than just a cure for the summertime blues? Wunderbar! It's got magic in it, that can't be denied. Keep up the good hope, Rick. Life always gives you what you need, whether you recognize it at the time or not.
The Pentagon gets $2,000,000,000 a day. How much does your school get?
qtuner

Post by qtuner »

@gridsleep
Even tho cancer sucks, i've learned a lot about life and what is most important. In hindsight, I needed to get sick to understand and re-evaluate my life. As part of that re-evaluation, I decided i could use a Solaris. Please note that the Solaris is not part of my catharsis. If my situation got rough, i'd cancel my preorder without hesitation. I've come really close a couple of times to cancelling, but since I've waited so long i couldn't go through with it. I sold my h8000fw instead.

Since my original post, I was nearly overcome by varicella induced pneumonia. I spent half of October on a Ventilator with total lung failure caused by shingles in my lungs. I'm ready for my Solaris. I've had my ass kicked this year, but I don't remember much of it. As for life giving me what i need, i'm not sure I needed this.

@threefingers of love I don't sell instruments. I will have the solaris for the rest of my life.
gridsleep

Post by gridsleep »

Keep on trucking. Having spent some extended times in hospital, I can sympathize. You're still here. That shows beyond the shadow of a doubt how strong you are. That's what's admirable. Not what strikes at you, but the fact that it has not struck you down.
The Pentagon gets $2,000,000,000 a day. How much does your school get?