New OS Upgrade - v1.3.1 OS released!

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
John Bowen
Site Admin

New OS Upgrade - v1.3.1 OS released!

Post by John Bowen »

Though I’ve posted this in all the various Facebook pages and on my front page of this site, I realized that some may come directly here to see what’s going on in the Solaris community, so please forgive the repeated post:

I am really excited to announce our first major OS "feature upgrade" in quite a while - v1.3.1 is released! Solaris Owners can download from the private Owner’s Forum in the Data Files section. Many thanks to Jim Hewes!!

There's a number of new features added with v1.3.1 OS:

1. Joystick position is now stored in the preset.
2. Assign buttons and Unison Chord stack now stored with the Preset.
3. A Random Tune parameter both in a preset and at the global level. This works per voice, and only affects the whole voice’s tuning.
4. Preset names and categories of the current bank are now loaded into a memory cache, making selection and viewing of them faster.
5. New MIDI Realtime on/off in the global MIDI page to send/receive Start/Stop commands. (see details the Owner’s Forum).
6. Ribbon now outputs MIDI controller on CC18 & CC19 (see details the Owner’s Forum).
7. Solaris remembers the last presets selected when you turn it off, so it will resume where you were.
8. Global override parameters added for Sustain and Expression Pedals.
9. Changed the Mod Source listing of Ped1 and Ped2 to "ExpPed and "SusPed" to make it more clear.
10. In Preset list mode, each page now starts from a multiple of ten. (e.g. 0, 10, 20, 30, etc).
11. The ribbon Offset parameter now works differently. It adjusts the "neutral" point from the left end to the right end of the ribbon (see details in the Owner’s Forum).
12. FX Bypass now does not alter the on/off state of the Preset’s effects parameters, but truly bypasses the FX bus, and stays bypassed when selecting through presets or using the Compare feature.
13. Solaris now responds to MIDI CC4, foot controller.
14. All remaining system bugs fixed. These include numerous display-related issues (parameters not being refreshed, wrong pages appearing where they shouldn’t, etc.).

For a complete description of the new features, Solaris users please check in the private Solaris Owner’s Forum.

This is a significant upgrade, following on the heels of v1.3.0, which was only a ‘bug fix’ release. Working with back and forth emails, Jim Hewes was kind enough to add a number of features that I’ve been wanting for several years. Many thanks to you, Jim!