new Solaris Oscillator Type in 2.0 OS

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
John Bowen
Site Admin

new Solaris Oscillator Type in 2.0 OS

Post by John Bowen »

MY third short video today on some new operating system 2.0 features - this time, instead of showing Multimode features, I go over the Phase Mod and Phase Distorion Oscillator Type: https://youtu.be/MnKdk7K8JMQ
chapolin

Re: new Solaris Oscillator Type in 2.0 OS

Post by chapolin »

Thanks a lot for this video :idea:
Octupole

Post by Octupole »

Amazing - your preview is much appreciated! Do I understand correctly that only the "carrier" has to be a PhaseMod-Oscillator and the "Modulator" can be any audio source?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Octupole wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:56 am Amazing - your preview is much appreciated! Do I understand correctly that only the "carrier" has to be a PhaseMod-Oscillator and the "Modulator" can be any audio source?
Yes, that’s correct.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

I was just looking at a video showing the Casio CZ waveshapes. The set we have coming in the Solaris does not have the #4 shape shown, but the other 7 sound really close to the originals.
pinmusica

Post by pinmusica »

Many thanks for such a nice nice addition :)

... I'm already salivating with expectation..
pinmusica

Re: new Solaris Oscillator Type coming in 2.0 OS

Post by pinmusica »

Hi there,

I just can't keep checking whether there are news or not about the publishing of the 2.0 Operating System, is such a gigantic explosion of posibilities I recognize I am extremely excited for this oscillator. Being a Yamaha FM worshiper + already thinking Solaris was the best hardware synth for the rest covered... Not that It'll have 6 or 8 or 16 operators, but the huge routing Solaris allows makes it, with this oscillator, the best hardware synth in synth history up to today (I'm my biased, subjective and personal opinion, of course), rendering most of my FM stuff to a second place probably for good (I might only save a FB01 or a TX81Z and a FS1R, the rest of my FM stuff will be sold as soon as the 2.0 OS arrives :) )

Again, thanks, thanks, thanks for THIS.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

pinmusica wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:15 pm Please, John, give us a hint of from when to be expecting this new operating system (so it frees my mind to think about the rest of what a human life covers).

Again, thanks, thanks, thanks for THIS.
I am currently hoping to have the initial release by June. There will probably be some additions after that, pending on how people respond.
pinmusica

Post by pinmusica »

Thanks for the info :)
In the meanwhile I'll try not to think on the rotors, mixers, vector mixers, filters, AMs, etc. fed with craziness and refed to phase oscs.....

(Waldorf Quantum, another great Behemoth of our new golden synth era; great to hear FM is coming back to join the already greatly enriched substractive era. Will I ever try it? :) )
bennethos

Post by bennethos »

think the release date of 2.0 is now end of september ?
Owner of Solaris #00324
BillySynth

Post by BillySynth »

That would be nice. Roland just released V2.0 for our Fantom. Everyone busy working at home during close down :-)

Regards
Vaso
bennethos

Post by bennethos »

yeah and the roland TR8-S too, 2.0 lol. John, any update on the release date ?
Owner of Solaris #00324
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

bennethos wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:25 pm yeah and the roland TR8-S too, 2.0 lol. John, any update on the release date ?
I was hoping for this week, but there’s still a couple of bugs that need to get sorted out. I’d guess another 3-4 weeks?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Well, in case you are here and don’t know, we did finally release the v2.0 operating system! You can see the announcement at this Forum post: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17139