Feature Request - Effects

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
massergy

Feature Request - Effects

Post by massergy »

Apologies if this request has already been brought up.

I'm gravitating towards complex patches using all four OSCs/mixers/filters/VCAs/parts. I would love the ability to assign the effects chain to one particular OSC or mixer or part without having to deal with separate output cables.

I know there's an effects chain "pool" to consider but if I were able to route the phaser just to mixer 1, I'd be fine not being able to route the phaser anywhere else.

I'm envisioning a patch with one mixer going through the phaser, one going through some chorus, another with delay and the 4th with EQ - all using the main output cables. Or maybe a patch with only one mixer, one filter and one VCA used but 4 OCSs all using a separate effect from the pool.

Thanks very much!
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request - Effects

Post by John Bowen »

So, the situation is that all of the code that runs the voices (the whole synthesizer prior to the Main FX) is summed as a stereo signal at the input to the FX chip. (It appears under the label of ‘Synth’ as you find it in the Output page.) It’s not possible to bring out an individual mixer to then be routed through any of the FX channels. What we are talking about is a way to have multiple ‘copies’ of the 4 effects, one set per FX channel, and then be able to route the 4 parts separately (once the Multimode software is done). But this would be on a per part basis, not on a per mixer arrangement. This all will take work on the DSP code side, and won’t be a part of v2.0 when that is released, but something I hope to have done by the end of the year.
massergy

Re: Feature Request - Effects

Post by massergy »

A "per part" effects routing capability would certainly be very useful, John.

Of all the instruments I own, I can't think of a single one that can route effects across different OCSs within the same single patch. Maybe that's just asking too much :lol:

The addition of multi-mode will already elevate the Solaris in my book - any additional effects routing options across a single patch would be icing on the cake.

Appreciate it, John.