Solaris keyboard - specifications

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
SHARCRASH

Post by SHARCRASH »

Hello John,

That explains all! Thanks! Yep, i just wanted to know if, for example, we could route the output of a filter directly in the input of another filter. For parallel puroses, the 4 filters are already in that state. The idea of using the output of a filter as a source of frequency modulation is gorgeous, only possible until now by modular systems.

Yeh the plugin-manual would be fine as a temporary reference. Whatever suits you anyway... :)

Thanks for the informations!
Howard

Post by Howard »

jws wrote:Ah, the April foolery even made it to this forum. I do remember the Sage . . . probably the best synth hoax of all time.
Certainly the best synth hoax yet!

I have a great deal of respect for "Elhardt". Especially as a sound designer, but also as an enigmatic prankster. It's such a pity he doesn't make the products (few, but absolutely stunning) of his sound designing talents available…
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

SHARCRASH wrote:Yeh the plugin-manual would be fine as a temporary reference.
I've now posted the Manual for the Solaris plug-in, version 4.0. Please go to the topic on the 'Solaris as Scope plug-in' section to download.

-john b.
stardust

Post by stardust »

Thanks John. Will the 4.0 be more similar to Solris HW or the 5.0 ?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

v5.0 has some functions that are more similar to the keyboard.

-jb
SHARCRASH

Post by SHARCRASH »

Hello!

Thanks for the manual! It's greatly appreciated! :)
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Hi All!

I'm working with a new update I just received, and hope to have some new audio for you over the weekend.
Also, a bit more news on some hardware decisions....

-john b.
stardust

Post by stardust »

Any bit welcome John
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

check the 'Simple Audio Examples' topic area. I'm starting to put things in there...

jb
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

New 333MHz chips, and the ability to use the Kurzweil Ribbon for a small fee.......................

The hits just keep comin'. 8)
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
CA3080

Microtuning

Post by CA3080 »

John,

During 2007 there were discussions on the forum about microtuning. What has become of that? Does Solaris support microtuning?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Yes, the microtuning function is still planned - this is something that gets coded towards the end of the development cycle, but I don't see why we won't have at least a couple of user-definable tuning tables in there. Of course, I have the proposal from Robert Rich for the extended MIDI Tuning spec (allowing real-time switching of tuning tables), but it remains to be seen if we will have time to properly implement it, or have something initially a little more basic.

cheers,
john b.
matocaster

Post by matocaster »

Thanks for the updates John. I'm glad you were able to make something happen with the Kurzweil ribbon controller. I think they are very expressive.I also like the idea of a special edition model for those who pre-ordered. A signature plate and led color wheels sounds cool.
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

I have used the ancient Kurzweil Expressionmate w/ the Solaris plug-in for Scope and already am frothing knowing that I can have an additional Ribbon for the hardware model.

If the Super Ribbon can do half of what the EXPM. can do, we are all in for one ---- of a ride.

ftp://ftp.kurzweilmusicsystems.com/pub/ ... XPMATE.ZIP

ftp://ftp.kurzweilmusicsystems.com/pub/ ... MSysex.zip

I haven't been able to read the specs on the " Super Ribbon ", but let's hope it can have some of the above functions.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
urge

Post by urge »

I thought the ribbons were exactly the same. The box that comes w/ the expressionmate provides the functionality while on the superribbon the functionality is provided by the user's synth; Is this correct or am I missing something?