Case Finish and End Caps

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
cornutt

Case Finish and End Caps

Post by cornutt »

What was the latest on the case finish and end caps options disucssion? I seem to have lost track of that...
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

The Solaris will come in either a light or dark case, but only with wood side panels. For those who ordered in the very first group requesting aluminum panels - we will fulfill their requests for the aluminum sides, but there will be a slight additional cost for these.

-john b.
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Well I am using Redwood.
It matches the Oberheim decal I am putting on the back.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
tmoravan

Post by tmoravan »

I guess this is the best place for my question w/o needlessly starting another topic.

Does anyone have the final dimensions for the Solaris? I'm trying to arrange some gear and knowing exactly how wide and deep the Solaris is would be a big help.

Thanks
sjones

Post by sjones »

Eek .. I just ordered a custom dust cover based off of the specs on the website, but it should be good for + 1/2" in most directions so I'm not too concerned. There is still a vacant tier where *both* prototypes visited a year ago.
Carbon111

Post by Carbon111 »

I just ordered an extra set of tiers for my stand...everything will move up a rung leaving a tantalizing empty spot. :D

I'll worry about a dust cover when it's actually resting comfortably there.

The wait will be SO worth it, folks!
Best Regards, James
--
http://www.carbon111.com
3rdConstruction

Post by 3rdConstruction »

:?: this is driving me nuts out of curiosity. the light coloured Solaris - is it grey or is it cream coloured? who can tell me!?!

either way i think both the light & dark cases look great. i signed up for the light one - even tho' i can't tell if its grey or cream or white or maybe even a very pale olive like one of the first protos was...
... speaking at length about something is no guarantee that understanding is advanced.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

The lighter color is from the RAL K5 classic color pallette (used more in Europe than the U.S.). It is #7032, and is called 'pebble grey'.

The dark color is RAL #9005, called 'jet black'.

-john b.
Carbon111

Post by Carbon111 »

3rdConstruction wrote::?: this is driving me nuts out of curiosity. the light coloured Solaris - is it grey or is it cream coloured? who can tell me!?!
Kinda sorta both :wink:

Best Regards, James
--
http://www.carbon111.com
3rdConstruction

Post by 3rdConstruction »

thank you both for the info. many of the photos make the pebble grey look lighter - i'm betting it's smashing in person.
... speaking at length about something is no guarantee that understanding is advanced.