Announce when you receive your Solaris!

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
galaxiesmerge

Re: Announce when you receive your Solaris!

Post by galaxiesmerge »

UPDATE: The SOLARIS has been transported out of the USPS holding depot in NEW YORK and to the local DELIVERY office.

Should arrive in a couple of days by my guess. So I guess they are shooting for a APRIL 19th delivery :)
Solaris, Jomox Sunsyn,Modcan, Prophet-T8, Rhodes-Chroma, Pacarana,CS-80, Andromeda,M3,Nord-G2X,DK-Synergy
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

Mine is still stuck in New York, but you seem to get updates a bit sooner than I do for some reason.
galaxiesmerge

Post by galaxiesmerge »

marzzz wrote:Mine is still stuck in New York, but you seem to get updates a bit sooner than I do for some reason.
WOOO HOOO!!!!!

I JUST GOT MY SOLARIS SYNTHESIZER --- YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAA :)

I WILL UPDATE AND TAKE PICTURES FOR MY NEXT POSTING.

THE SOLARIS BOX IS NOW IN MY STUDIO.

More soon!
Solaris, Jomox Sunsyn,Modcan, Prophet-T8, Rhodes-Chroma, Pacarana,CS-80, Andromeda,M3,Nord-G2X,DK-Synergy
galaxiesmerge

Post by galaxiesmerge »

GalaxiesMergeSolaris.jpg
GalaxiesMergeSolaris.jpg (706.15 KiB) Viewed 18677 times
AND HERE IS A VERY QUICKLY TAKEN PHOTO ... more soon as well as demos.

Cheers All :)
wouter

Post by wouter »

galaxiesmerge wrote:
GalaxiesMergeSolaris.jpg
AND HERE IS A VERY QUICKLY TAKEN PHOTO ... more soon as well as demos.

Cheers All :)
Congratulations :) It's a very nice addition to the great gear collection that you already have.
Weston Underwood

Post by Weston Underwood »

I've just heard from Thomann that they have been told they won't have it from their supplier until the 15th May at the earliest. It then of course needs to be processed by them and onto me. So I'd be lucky to get it before June, even if it works out according to plan. I would guess that represents the end of the queue?

Having said that ,Thomann have a tendency to automatically tell you the ETA is one month away no matter what so it might be absolute rubbish. It was after all 4 weeks when I ordered it in Feb 2012.

Oh well, what's 16 months between what will hopefully become old friends?

Other than the exchange rate is getting worse and worse and its therefore getting more expensive every week!

Jealous, me? Yes definitely.
jfinstad

Post by jfinstad »

Well, it looks like my Solaris has finally left Germany and is on its way to Canada.

Apparently the lack of updates from DHL indicated a lack of movement! I'm confused as to why it took 2 weeks to finally get on a plane home. And it's probably only a coincidence that that happened after I contacted DHL :D

Once it arrives in Canada it will spend an indeterminate amount of time in the black hole known as Canada Customs before taking a leisurely trip to my home courtesy of Canada Post.

Still waiting...
Jamie
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

Same here. Still waiting, no news....
Weston Underwood

Goodness Mr Galaxies. You wait 3 years, tell us it's arrived. Show us a picture and then nothing. Has it fallen on you and you''re stuck under it? Come on, give us some feedback!
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

And then, out of nowhere:

galaxiesmerge

Post by galaxiesmerge »

Weston Underwood wrote:Goodness Mr Galaxies. You wait 3 years, tell us it's arrived. Show us a picture and then nothing. Has it fallen on you and you''re stuck under it? Come on, give us some feedback!
I have been learning the SOLARIS - a very, very deep instrument: those four oscillators and the entire signal chain open a lot of possibilities.

I am working on it, and, in particular, thinking about and creating some demos that are completely different to the other demos out there: which, of course, depends on knowing the machine better :)

Stay tuned - in about a couple of weeks I should have a demo to post with video --- I am working the machine and it absorbed *ALL* my time - so much so, that I did not have time for this list: take this as a sign that once you get yours and start to get into it, you won't want to do anything else!

Cheers!
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

You guys need to get up in the owners section where the elites are.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
Weston Underwood

I don't understand why there is that 'owners section' division. I realise that there are probably bugs in the OS and annoyances but my guess is that there is more inspiring chatter than negative chatter. To stop prospective purchasers from seeing what owners are saying is almost certainly a negative from a sales and marketing point of view. If one is a non owner and cannot see the owners chat the natural tendency is to assume the worst anyway, while waverers will miss out on positive comments and go order a prophet 12!

It feels like some sort of old fashioned British golf club! 'Members Only, Ladies Allowed Third Thursday of the Month'.

Dear Mr JB, please consider removing the private status of the owners section.
jfinstad

Post by jfinstad »

Well, now I'm really getting anxious :(

It appears that of all the Solarises (Solari ?) that were shipped at the same time, mine is the only one that has not arrived!

Still waiting...
Jamie
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

Hang in there, Jamie- I was practically freaking out myself, but then it suddenly arrives.....!