Solaris 'stuck' when using the Category Search

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

John Bowen
Site Admin

Solaris 'stuck' when using the Category Search

Post by John Bowen »

I've had contact with a customer who is trying to search the Bass category, and reports that the Solaris is getting stuck. What I suspect, and would like to say here, is that very few Presets were stored with Category data, and when you select to use the Search Filter, it may very well be that there just aren't any (or are very few) Presets that match the Search requirements. It also sometimes take 5-10 seconds for the Search routine to go through all the presets and set up the list to select through.

Now, it's my fault that I didn't require any of the persons who made Presets to enter valid Categories when they created them.
For my Bank 0, I did enter 2 categories for each Preset, but most of the other banks do not have these programmed.
(It's also my fault that I have not gone through each of the 450+ Presets and made them all contain useful Category data.)

Certainly this will take someone a lot of time - and I guess I'm the one who should be doing it.

HOWEVER - there does appear to be a bug, or at least, the Search is not really adhering to the rules. I noticed that when selecting Bass for Category 1, and nothing for Category 2, then setting the Search logic to OR, that I was able to have selected a number of Presets that did not have Bass in either of the Category slots.

Also, if you set the Filter to AND, and just have Bass for Category 1, and nothing for Category 2, the only Preset that comes up is my #32 JB HP Bass. This is not correct either, as every preset with Bass in Category 1 should be given. So, there's definitely a bug! So, this definitely needs some refining.

For now, you can certainly do it yourselves - you have to press the Store button one time, and then you will see in the lower right of the graphics display the 2 categories that are programmed for that Preset. You can change these as needed, and you will probably find that most of the 3rd party presets do not have categories.

The next step after setting the categories is to continue with saving the preset over itself by pressing Store again (to the naming page), and then one last time to permanently save it.

I will report this to the Bug List guy - and for now, it's probably easier to not rely on the Search Filter for things.

John B.