Assign 1 & 2 LED status on Preset select

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

jgale

Assign 1 & 2 LED status on Preset select

Post by jgale »

John - here is a small one for you:

- When you set a value to Assign button 1 or 2 and save the patch with Assign 1 or 2 on (light on) - it saves that status in the patch.
- When you re-select that patch - it correctly plays the patch with the saved assign value (very cool), but the assign LED is not on.
- To correct - you need to press the assign button twice to the LED get back in sync with the patch.

John
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Assign 1 & 2 LED status on Preset select

Post by John Bowen »

Funny, I just discussed this with Jim today! It's been on the bug list, and he's going through the remaining bugs now. We can save the status of the switch, even if the destinations could be opposite or not fully indicative of the actual state (such as the Osc glides), and of course, as long as the mode is a toggle, and not a momentary one.
jgale

Post by jgale »

As I think about it -what should the functionality be? If you have an Assign button LED on and change patches - should the patch read the switch status and act accordingly? Or - should the patch save the Assign status and turn the Assign LED on/off as you select the patch...
minorguy

Post by minorguy »

Yes, that's the question. Say that the Assign1 function is set to GlideAll. Then I can go in to the individual oscillators and turn the Glide off (on one of them, or all of them) with the Assign1 still on. Then save the preset. What does that mean?
Or, what if the Assign1 function is set to ArpTrans? If the state of the assign button were saved, does that mean anything?

In any case, the state of the Assign buttons is not currently saved to a preset file. I think we want to collect up all the new parameters to be added to a preset file (such as joystick position) and do it at once so we don't have to change the file format too many times. So if we figure out a reason to save the Assign button state we'll do it then.
Solaris #249
jgale

Post by jgale »

Agreed.

As an additional thought - you may want to also add extra "blank" parameter fields to the file format for future expansion. You could possibly use these for future parameters without having to change the file format.