Closed:Re: External Clock Sync

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

John Bowen
Site Admin

Closed:Re: External Clock Sync

Post by John Bowen »

Hmmmm, testing again, using Logic Express...I’m having no problems with this! Before, I had just tested it as set to external, but with no incoming clock, thinking that the onboard arpeg would not run, but what happens is that, if there’s no incoming clock, the synth uses the internal, and even when set to EXT clock, you can still temporarily adjust the BPM internally, and you hear the change. But using an External clock source, the BPM will return to the incoming rate, shortly after you adjust the onboard BPM. We should probably make it so that you cannot edit the BPM if it is set to EXT clock.

john
bgarlow

Re: External Clock Sync not working

Post by bgarlow »

I can't seem to get external clock sync to work when using USB only, i.e., no MIDI cables.

edit: I just plugged a MIDI cable in and external sync works now. I'm using Ableton and I set both the Solaris USB port and the MIDI port from my MOTU interface to "sync" so they will receive clock.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: External Clock Sync not working

Post by John Bowen »

It’s known that there are some issues with MIDI over the PSB port for now, so....not guaranteed to work for all things.

John
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Closed:Re: External Clock Sync

Post by John Bowen »

Verified fixed and Tested on 12/23/2012
Build v1.2 12_23_2012