Volume drop outs, and system lock-up

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

serena-5

Volume drop outs, and system lock-up

Post by serena-5 »

My Solaris will go from a normal volume to about 1/3 volume, for no apparent reason. After several minutes (or shutting it off and re-booting it), the volume comes back for awhile.
Also, sometimes it will "lock up", making it impossible to changes patches, settings........or even play. Again, a reboot rectifies this for awhile.
John B. has been notified of these things, and is currently looking over my CF card data looking for a corruption in one or more files. I'm confident that these problems will soon be addressed in a O.S. update.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Volume drop outs, and system lock-up

Post by John Bowen »

If anyone is experiencing these ‘volume drops’, please let me know after first checking your Expression pedal settings. There is a situation where, if the Expression pedal is programmed to be ON, but there is nothing plugged in to the Expression pedal jack, the Solaris will read the Volume as being at minimum. I edited all of the first Factory Presets to not use Expression, but if you do want to use it, you can contact me for a Factory set of sounds that have it programmed ON.

Also, now you can use the Expression pedal’s polarity setting to determine the response, and by setting this to OFF, allow the Solaris to ignore any incorrect Expression pedal settings. The polarity settings are not stored per Preset, but in the Global INIT file, which you save to your CF card by going to the System page, turning the Save value in the upper right to Active, and them pressing Enter. This Global INIT file is then loaded every time you power up the Solaris.

john b.